YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post- game Thoughts Jacks 24-10 over the Penguins.

<< < (6/9) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Bo is bound determined to have success with the option..To have success you must first have an accurate passer who makes good decisions. We have better receivers on this team then most would think with a great group of pass catching tight ends..You are right power we had alot of guys open..I can't put all the sacks on the O-Line. Ricky wasn't stepping up and keep his eyes downfield on most of them

YSUGO:
So what we have is in a nutshell is 2 different offensive philosophies clashing. Ego wins here I guess.  I guess this week will tell us what to expect the rest of the year.  Since Bo has took over we are near the bottom of many offensive categories in the conference on offense.  I checked he gets pd till feb of 2019 128k a month.  He isn't going anywhere and right now neither is our offense.

dwj:
The QB issue rest on Bo.  We knew we didn't have a QB going into the year.  He went out and got a transfer who was not better (maybe worse) than what we had.  What a FU.  Most teams bring in a stud transfer QB who takes over.   

guinpen:
At this point of the season we are not getting new players, not getting any new coaches, so we must trust that everyone steps up and takes care of business.

Anything can happen but I like our chances of finishing with maybe just 1 more loss.

IAA Fan:
YSUGO I agree. I know that I saw a high-powered offense putting up close to 400-yards of offense per game and anywhere from 34.5 to 38.5 average points per game for 7-years. This was even as recent as last year. This lasted for years as we had terrible DC after terrible DC under Wolf. This offense was changed and I do not believe that a new HC coming at the same time is a coincidence. I know that we had these number under Wells and Hess. Both drop back passers. So it is not blindly supporting an OC. It is looking to him to take the measures needed to return to those numbers. It is looking to him for answers.

We have FAR away from an national championship caliber defense. Again we focus our efforts. What we have is a matured defense with a few very vulnerable areas that are not as matured. WVU and SDSU saw those and exposed them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version