YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SDSU In-Game

<< < (7/14) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on October 22, 2016, 04:36:03 PM ---Ugly half. I agree Davis isn't reading the defense at all, 1 look then take off. Might as well call the max protect passes some more if that's the case, because the 5 wide sets will not work.

Outside of QB the talent level looks pretty comparable. I don't mean to pick on Davis but if they are calling plays to his strengths we're screwed.

Why can't we run some quick slants, use the TE or maybe even call a HB screen? Get the ball out of his hands quick or he will scramble for nothing all day.

--- End quote ---

That would require a competent OC ;)

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 22, 2016, 04:36:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on October 22, 2016, 04:36:03 PM ---Ugly half. I agree Davis isn't reading the defense at all, 1 look then take off. Might as well call the max protect passes some more if that's the case, because the 5 wide sets will not work.

Outside of QB the talent level looks pretty comparable. I don't mean to pick on Davis but if they are calling plays to his strengths we're screwed.

Why can't we run some quick slants, use the TE or maybe even call a HB screen? Get the ball out of his hands quick or he will scramble for nothing all day.

--- End quote ---

That would require a competent OC ;)

--- End quote ---

Haha yep, kind of a rhetorical question  :o

Buddy:
Put in another QB. I would have liked to see Wells start this year.  Let him loose the job if he was bad but I feel he was much better than these guys.   We need a QB to hand the ball off or throw. We do not need a running QB.  I think he feels he can win by running and that is not the case.  Not sure I would start him in the second half

BishopsFather2310:
If my high school coach was Bo Pelini in the locker room at the half of this game, he would say "Pound ummmmm, you Pound um... Running backs put your head down, run as fast as you can and wen you make contact... Pound um, Oline, hold your blocks and Pound um!!! That's exactly what we need to do in this 2nd half!!! #GoGuins

ytownchief22:
Nightmare game. Offense looks like a high school team.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version