YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

What would you do?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Take it to the house and then you have a 7 point lead.  I'd consider going to a 2 point conversion to make it a two score game, basically ending the game right there.  However, with our lack of red zone offense, the best odds would be a PAT, making them get both a TD and 2 point conversion.

A snap could be fumbled on the one yard line.  Just go for the kill.

IAA Fan:
Come to think of it ...we have a running 40-second clock now (no more 25-second clock) ...so we would only need 3 plays to run out the game.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2016, 04:33:33 PM ---Starting this year, once inside the 2-minute mark, the game clock will not start until after the snap. We now need our timeouts or take a knee; where last year we could run down the clock and take the delay penalty. Why risk the fumbled snap or player injury?

That is a big change because least year we could have run all but 20 seconds off the clock then taken the delay on 4th-down. Thus the clock runs out and the ball is never snapped.

--- End quote ---
So you are going to snap the ball, take a knee in what, 3 seconds.  Run off 24 seconds, so you burn 108 seconds and leave SDSU with the ball (albeit deep in our territory) and 12 seconds on the cloce in a 1 point game?  Sorry, I'm taking the 7 and giving them the ball. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I would refer that question to Bill Belichick

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 19, 2016, 04:48:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2016, 04:33:33 PM ---Starting this year, once inside the 2-minute mark, the game clock will not start until after the snap. We now need our timeouts or take a knee; where last year we could run down the clock and take the delay penalty. Why risk the fumbled snap or player injury?

That is a big change because least year we could have run all but 20 seconds off the clock then taken the delay on 4th-down. Thus the clock runs out and the ball is never snapped.

--- End quote ---
So you are going to snap the ball, take a knee in what, 3 seconds.  Run off 24 seconds, so you burn 108 seconds and leave SDSU with the ball (albeit deep in our territory) and 12 seconds on the cloce in a 1 point game?  Sorry, I'm taking the 7 and giving them the ball.

--- End quote ---

See my last post, as I forgot about all of the new clock rules ...we would not have to snap. You are having the discussion I was originally hoping for though :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version