YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pelini & Purdue?

<< < (8/9) > >>

The YO Show:
You have a fair point Go. He should ask. But he did report on it was what I was getting at. I concede your point though.

Penguin Nation:
Of course the question should have been asked.  The question went to the core of the YSU FB program, and its future.

I heard Bob Hannon being interviewed and he said his position as play-by-play announcer had to be approved by the AD and the SID...even though it's broadcast by a non-University radio station. My suspicion is the University controls the local media with an iron fist, and would limit their access if a line was crossed.  What else explains the media blackout on the Jerry Slocum contract renewal scandal?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 21, 2016, 07:49:18 PM ---Of course the question should have been asked.  The question went to the core of the YSU FB program, and its future.

I heard Bob Hannon being interviewed and he said his position as play-by-play announcer had to be approved by the AD and the SID...even though it's broadcast by a non-University radio station. My suspicion is the University controls the local media with an iron fist, and would limit their access if a line was crossed.  What else explains the media blackout on the Jerry Slocum contract renewal scandal?

--- End quote ---

They probably have a contract that allows them to approve the voice of the university.  Not uncommon

IAA Fan:
"Scandal" ...LOL. Give us a break please? I do not know a single individual that did not know well in advance ...both the the Vindy and Trib published it immediately. Is it a scandal because they did not call you first? :)

All college has to have their announcer or "voice" approved. Look how many dozens of radio stations carry the buckeye games ...they are not all directly affiliated in any way, but they all are affiliated with IMG, which is the Buckeyes network...Keels is on all of them including the internet station. He also does the WBNS TV Buckeye games. When I do get a chance to watch a Buckeyes game, I turn down the TV and listen to Keels. I also turn on Hannon during the TV broadcasts of Guin games, but the delay on-line can be bad. I noticed that if I use the internet on my phone, it is pretty close.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 22, 2016, 12:46:51 AM ---"Scandal" ...LOL. Give us a break please? I do not know a single individual that did not know well in advance ...both the the Vindy and Trib published it immediately. Is it a scandal because they did not call you first? :)

All college has to have their announcer or "voice" approved. Look how many dozens of radio stations carry the buckeye games ...they are not all directly affiliated in any way, but they all are affiliated with IMG, which is the Buckeyes network...Keels is on all of them including the internet station. He also does the WBNS TV Buckeye games. When I do get a chance to watch a Buckeyes game, I turn down the TV and listen to Keels. I also turn on Hannon during the TV broadcasts of Guin games, but the delay on-line can be bad. I noticed that if I use the internet on my phone, it is pretty close.

--- End quote ---

I really like the Hannon/Sammarone radio team, so much so I also listen to the radio broadcast while its on ESPN3 even if the timing is way off.  Both Hannon and Sammarone are candid in their analysis, and both (esp Hannon) have been associated with the program for decades.  Its always amusing to hear them mock the visitors facilities when calling road games.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version