Author Topic: Pelini & Purdue?  (Read 23334 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini & Purdue?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 01:21:10 PM »
As Chief just suggested, family is much more important to Pelini than some pundits might think.  When he was hired here, he stressed two reasons: the opportunity to send his children to Cardinal Mooney (his wife is also a Mooney graduate,) and the fact that Tressel was the president.  His oldest daughter is currently a sophomore at Mooney, and she did a wonderful job singing the anthem on Saturday.  I would be shocked if he moved his family before she graduates.  He also has a younger daughter.  I do not know how old she is.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »
Dana hosts Penguin Gameday tonight at 7pm.  Hopefully he'll ask Bo about the Purdue job tonight.

No denial from Bo so far is significant.  Not good for recruiting.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »
Dana hosts Penguin Gameday tonight at 7pm.  Hopefully he'll ask Bo about the Purdue job tonight.

No denial from Bo so far is significant.  Not good for recruiting.
So when a coach says, "oh, there is nothing to that rumor" we are to take his word for it?
C'mon man, every coach denies and denies right up to the press conference introducing him as the new coach.  I appreciate Bo NOT lying!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 02:52:44 PM »
Look at all the speculation last year from all the different media outlets on where Bo was going when there were coaching vacancies and not one single tweet from Dana..lol..Do you think this is something Dana felt the need to do to keep up? As many players and coaches that follow him on twitter is this something he wanted them to be aware of considering they are 5-1 and more then likely playoff bound ? If he does ask the question to Bo he will more then likely say " I DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM"

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
We are 5-1, tied for first, why are we always looking for something negative to talk about? Give it a rest
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 07:10:54 PM »
what did he say and what channel? nothing but crap on 570

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »
what did he say and what channel? nothing but crap on 570
It was on WFMJ TV - Penguin Game day. I watched most of the show and I did not hear the question being asked. The show was just over at 7:30 pm.

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »
Ah Thanks ET. Wrong day for the radio show.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 08:05:09 PM »
I haven't read all the comments BUT Bo isn't leaving for awhile period.  Book it.
A Penguin for life!!!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
I like Dana Balash and all, but his tweets on the YSU search weren't the best. Here are some of his tweets regarding the coaching search. Perhaps his sources were purposely telling him this information to deflect from the Pelini attention??? The most eye-opening is the bolded one. Within a few days after the Bo story broke, I reached out to the folks at FootballScoop who remained tight lipped about Pelini, but reaffirmed that they felt very confident in what they reported. I kept quiet about it and after it was official, FootballScoop put out a video explaining what happened.

Again, that is in way no disrespect to Dana as I watch him and like him, but in that instance his sources did him no favors. In regards to his tweet the other day, he was simply reporting what some other supposed "sources" claimed.

Dana Balash‏ @DanaBalash21
@21WFMJSports  A YSU source tells me NO OFFER HAS BEEN MADE TO BO PELINI for the YSU football position.

@21WFMJSports  Another name I'm hearing a lot today in regards to YSU job is Eastern Kentucky Coach Dean Hood.

@21WFMJSports At this time Dean Hood is the only name I see "in play" for YSU job, however things could change, but not seeing it right now.

@21WFMJSports I was told by source, Dean Hood was "very interested" in YSU job 5 years ago when they hired Eric Wolford.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:38:36 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »
If Bo Leaves wouldn't darrell hazell be a front runner to replace him due to his ties to president tressel and his winning down the road at kent state ?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 08:03:40 AM »
He tweets about a potential mega-story.  He then interviews the subject of the mega-story, and inexplicably never raises the mega-story, and then refers to "a source close to Bo Pelini", after directly interviewing Bo for 30 minutes?

https://twitter.com/danabalash21/status/788963072463470592

Dana Balash
‏@DanaBalash21
.@21WFMJSports  I've been told by a source close to Bo Pelini that he has no interest in the Purdue coaching job...

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:49:34 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
Hey Dana, this isn't Hillary's e-mails or Donald's groping.
You call yourself a "journalist" and the job covering this "story" apparently started locally by YOU, is abysmal.   Anonymous sources to say he has no interest?  You don’t even ask the person the question directly?   I would expect better from a freshman high school reporter, working on the yearbook!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »
Hey Dana, this isn't Hillary's e-mails or Donald's groping.
You call yourself a "journalist" and the job covering this "story" apparently started locally by YOU, is abysmal.   Anonymous sources to say he has no interest?  You don’t even ask the person the question directly?   I would expect better from a freshman high school reporter, working on the yearbook!

They are rumors anyway. It is all nonsense.  Pelini said he wasn't coming here and he did anyway.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 03:24:29 PM »

They are rumors anyway. It is all nonsense.  Pelini said he wasn't coming here and he did anyway.
[/quote]
Not sure I follow you here.  Yes, of course they are rumors.  Until the press conference, they are rumors.  But in my, and others, Balash has done a poor job of trying to get to the facts here.  To not even ask him brings up real issues of credibility, because obviously Pelini has preapproval of interview questions and Balash is a shill not an interviewer at all.  He is guilty of misrepresenting himself and his profession