YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pelini & Purdue?

(1/9) > >>

Iceman:
With all the Power 5 jobs that will be open after the season, good bet he's gone

http://247sports.com/Article/The-Purdue-Boilermakers-should-do-their-diligence-on-Bo-Pelini-48338197

The YO Show:
Thing is, would he really? I think it has to be a good power 5 job. He is making just as much here (at least until 2019 and courtesy of Nebraska) as Purdue's last coach did...

ytownchief22:
No lol. What a stinker of a job.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 19, 2016, 08:50:31 AM ---No lol. What a stinker of a job.

--- End quote ---
I agree.  Nebraska money, FCS small town pressure, great combination for life of Nebraska contract. 
If he moves it will be to a P5 program that is currently having success.  No 2-10 rebuilding jobs with alumni calling for your head after the second loss of your second season.  BUT he will need to win some big games and get in the playoffs for balance of YSU years or he will be forgotten.

Penguin Nation:
I would normally think there is nothing to this, but the tweet from Dana Balash was ominous.  A HC can express interest in another job in a clandestine way, and no one except the inner circle ever knows.  Maybe Bo is letting the FBS world know he's on the market, even if Purdue isn't his objective?  Maybe he's using it as leverage at YSU?  Seems doubtful.  Either way, it appears clear that he's willing to bolt YSU prior to the end of the 2018 season when the NE $$ runs out.  I hope he leaves Carl here to become the next HC, but I suspect Carl will be his DC wherever he goes.

These rumors of a HC leaving can't be good for recruiting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version