YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Quarterback Situation

<< < (5/5)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
 We won out there two years ago behind a strong passing performance and a nice punt. On the flip side we have a much better defense this year and the Jacks have a much better offense. I'm most curious to see what kind of game Shane calls and how he utilizes Ricky. I hate to do this, but untill we show some sort of a passing game I'm taking SDS 27-13..YSUGO's earlier comments about Nania and Davis and the Defense's ability to adjust are spot on

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Shane was targeting Dustin Crum of Midview. The dual threat QB chose Kent St. over YSU. In my opinion it will be hard for Bo to find a quarterback that can do both well and be willing to come to the F.C.S. level. We just compete with to many other FBS programs in this area for recruiting.That's where schools like SDSU, Eastern Washington just to name a few have the advantage over us

HappyPenguin:
We can be "good enough" passing this year to win a playoff game or 2. They just need to call plays to get the ball out of his hands quickly.

Plays designed with a one read look can work well too, I'm thinking screens and the max protect looks we used last week. He seemed much more comfortable hanging in the pocket for the deep throw when he knew he'd have some more time. We should be able to get some WR behind the D once in awhile if they are pinching up for the run. A nice, easy to read 2 man pattern with 8 blockers can work just fine. I don't believe he looks past the second target much anyway.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 21, 2016, 05:29:37 PM ---Throws like a girl ...I just think it is funny the way you phrased that. Now Opey you ought not to say that.

--- End quote ---
Glad you enjoyed it, I was trying to be funny.  Ricky does not "throw like a girl", but he also does stares down his primary receiver and never looks at a second receiver.  If the primary doesn't brake open immediately he runs.  That formula is going to get us about 85 yards per game passing, him injured, and us with no QB at all.

The YO Show:
Just another game thought, that pertain to the QB situation. I saw some good passes that were dropped. Our receivers did no one any favors at times, other than SDSUs defense of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version