Author Topic: Quarterback Situation  (Read 14264 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Quarterback Situation
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 10:45:10 AM »
i wonder if we could flip the stow qb from his buffalo commitment
Wait a minute, I thought Mays was the second coming of Payton Manning? 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 06:54:16 PM »
i wonder if we could flip the stow qb from his buffalo commitment
Wait a minute, I thought Mays was the second coming of Payton Manning?

No but the second coming of Kurt Hess would be nice. Mays already has better vertical speed than Hess. If he can give us Hess' horizontal speed ...he will have a great YSU career. Oh yes, throwing as well would be nice :)

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
would be nice to have a backup qb if mays develops and a replacement if he does not

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

[/quote]

No but the second coming of Kurt Hess would be nice. Mays already has better vertical speed than Hess. If he can give us Hess' horizontal speed ...he will have a great YSU career. Oh yes, throwing as well would be nice :)
[/quote]

vertical and horizontal speed vs Hess?  WTF are you talking about, big guy?
He throws like a girl, that is all the Mays QB issues worth talking about.  Even DAVIS throws better than Mays, and that's not a vary high bar.
Davis, the QB that throws better than Mays and runs better that Wells.  What a resume!
Maybe Bo should go to PU.  With no safetys, DE's and these QB's we could go 2-10 next year.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 05:29:37 PM »
Throws like a girl ...I just think it is funny the way you phrased that. Now Opey you ought not to say that.

Andy Taylor: What?
Opie Taylor: Standin' on the corner, pickin' up girls.
Andy Taylor: What do you know about pickin' up girls?
Opie Taylor: Gosh, Pa, what's there to know. Whenever a girl walks by, he just picks her up and then sets her down and says, "'Scuse me, ma'am. Just checkin' your weight."

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 06:14:49 PM »
 We won out there two years ago behind a strong passing performance and a nice punt. On the flip side we have a much better defense this year and the Jacks have a much better offense. I'm most curious to see what kind of game Shane calls and how he utilizes Ricky. I hate to do this, but untill we show some sort of a passing game I'm taking SDS 27-13..YSUGO's earlier comments about Nania and Davis and the Defense's ability to adjust are spot on

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 09:00:33 AM »
Shane was targeting Dustin Crum of Midview. The dual threat QB chose Kent St. over YSU. In my opinion it will be hard for Bo to find a quarterback that can do both well and be willing to come to the F.C.S. level. We just compete with to many other FBS programs in this area for recruiting.That's where schools like SDSU, Eastern Washington just to name a few have the advantage over us
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:05:08 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 09:10:31 AM »
We can be "good enough" passing this year to win a playoff game or 2. They just need to call plays to get the ball out of his hands quickly.

Plays designed with a one read look can work well too, I'm thinking screens and the max protect looks we used last week. He seemed much more comfortable hanging in the pocket for the deep throw when he knew he'd have some more time. We should be able to get some WR behind the D once in awhile if they are pinching up for the run. A nice, easy to read 2 man pattern with 8 blockers can work just fine. I don't believe he looks past the second target much anyway.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »
Throws like a girl ...I just think it is funny the way you phrased that. Now Opey you ought not to say that.
Glad you enjoyed it, I was trying to be funny.  Ricky does not "throw like a girl", but he also does stares down his primary receiver and never looks at a second receiver.  If the primary doesn't brake open immediately he runs.  That formula is going to get us about 85 yards per game passing, him injured, and us with no QB at all.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »
Just another game thought, that pertain to the QB situation. I saw some good passes that were dropped. Our receivers did no one any favors at times, other than SDSUs defense of course.