YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SDSU Week

<< < (2/13) > >>

Penguin Nation:
I like our chances here.  It's true that they are a prolific offense, but we are well matched for their passing threat with our defense.  If we stick to a primarily ground and pound offense and cut back turnovers and ill advised passes, I think we dominate TOP and keep our defense rested and limit their # of drives.  I don't think they get a rushing TD.  Likely a lower scoring game like their NDSU game last week, but more than YSU-UNI.Win this road game and the sky is the limit this year.  I heard that Davis is expected to play, but I think we could win with Mays if not.  Sammarone was saying Alvin Bailey took snaps in HS.  Would he be Mays' back up?

This is the year.  Lots of talent graduates after this season, especially on defense.  The only team we lost to is now ranked #12/#13....and we were beating them in Q2.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 17, 2016, 01:18:16 PM ---I like our chances here.  It's true that they are a prolific offense, but we are well matched for their passing threat with our defense.  If we stick to a primarily ground and pound offense and cut back turnovers and ill advised passes, I think we dominate TOP and keep our defense rested and limit their # of drives.  I don't think they get a rushing TD.  Likely a lower scoring game like their NDSU game last week, but more than YSU-UNI.Win this road game and the sky is the limit this year.  I heard that Davis is expected to play, but I think we could win with Mays if not.  Sammarone was saying Alvin Bailey took snaps in HS.  Would he be Mays' back up?

This is the year.  Lots of talent graduates after this season, especially on defense.  The only team we lost to is now ranked #12/#13....and we were beating them in Q2.

--- End quote ---

Even the Dukes are making us look good, only 2 loses 1 from the Guins.

IAA Fan:
I also heard Davis fine. I am worried about whether coach Carl is going to leave 3 back in the secondary and allow more gap back to the LB's  ... like he did this past Saturday. Or are we going to crowd the line early? Against WVU, he started back and would creep up ...I am not certain SDSU has quite the arm of that guy from WVU, but he can release more quickly.

On offense, I think we need to be scoring early. Any word on Townsend? I hope that Wells is willing to take the scout team as Mays needs work with the 1's.

Wick250:
Playing West Virginia was the best possible preparation for this game.  They have two outstanding FCS receivers but nobody that can simply run behind us like the WVU guys did.

The key will be establishing a balanced attack, regardless of who plays quarterback.  SDSU lost a shoot-out to triple option Cal Poly and survived a shoot-out with pass-happy Southern Illinois.  For whatever reason, SDSU plays better defense against us than their statistics would indicate that they should.  That has to stop. Pound the ball, move the chains, and own the fourth quarter just as we have done the past two weeks.

I have always felt that SDSU had the best home field advantage in the league.  The only grass field and the atmosphere of a high school stadium.  That is now gone.

Play hard and all the pressure is on them.

ytownchief22:
Wells out again this week. Ricky Davis will start with Mays backing up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version