YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SDSU Week

<< < (6/13) > >>

Wick250:
In this modern age of spread offenses and high scoring games, few people even understand the value of a great defense.  Our offense is currently one-dimensional and rather boring.  Exactly as it was for most of the 1990s.  There are some people that understand the value of the mix of the running game and great defense.  Check out our ranking in the Sagarin and Massey ratings, then compare that to our very low position in the popularity polls.  Even if we don't prevail on the road at SDSU and NDSU, we are on course for a 8-3 (6-2) finish.  And our style of play will translate perfectly into December playoff football.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2016, 12:59:12 PM ---This is my biggest fear for right now and especially this weekend:

<iframe width="280" height="157" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QlXLVc0J4lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
--- End quote ---
OH sh**!!  I thought we had SDSU this Saturday, now you tell me we have to play WVU again??
Wazup with that!?!?!?

IAA Fan:
Our defense is as one-dimensional as our offense ...maybe even more so. I just have concern that SDSU receivers are going to get behind us if Moss and Rivers cannot deliver the pressure quickly enough. Thos team has an RB-WR combination that we have not faced since WVU. Two WR's, a big back and a small back.

I see us needing at least one win off of the xDSU's ...too many unknowns in ISU, MSU and SIU. Yes we do match up better with NDSU ...but SDSU is up first and I do not want to see what could be a must-win for both teams at NDSU.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2016, 02:29:18 PM ---Our defense is as one-dimensional as our offense ...maybe even more so. I just have concern that SDSU receivers are going to get behind us if Moss and Rivers cannot deliver the pressure quickly enough. Thos team has an RB-WR combination that we have not faced since WVU. Two WR's, a big back and a small back.

I see us needing at least one win off of the xDSU's ...too many unknowns in ISU, MSU and SIU. Yes we do match up better with NDSU ...but SDSU is up first and I do not want to see what could be a must-win for both teams at NDSU.

--- End quote ---
I agree.  The secondary situation that was so exposed at WVU still exists, although Bishop seems to be playing a little better.  The fact that that kid from UNI made Davis and Mays look OK doesn't mean anything if the kid from SDSU can play.  The good news is we do have Rivers and Moss, and they can get pressure!

I disagree on needing a XDSU win.  I see losing to both, if for no other reason than they're out west.  I see wins at ISU MSU and SIU and a playoff birth IF Davis is completely healthy.  Frankly I see 1-4 with Mays starting.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 19, 2016, 02:59:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2016, 02:29:18 PM ---Our defense is as one-dimensional as our offense ...maybe even more so. I just have concern that SDSU receivers are going to get behind us if Moss and Rivers cannot deliver the pressure quickly enough. Thos team has an RB-WR combination that we have not faced since WVU. Two WR's, a big back and a small back.

--- End quote ---
I agree.  The secondary situation that was so exposed at WVU still exists, although Bishop seems to be playing a little better.  The fact that that kid from UNI made Davis and Mays look OK doesn't mean anything if the kid from SDSU can play.  The good news is we do have Rivers and Moss, and they can get pressure!

I disagree on needing a XDSU win.  I see losing to both, if for no other reason than they're out west.  I see wins at ISU MSU and SIU and a playoff birth IF Davis is completely healthy.  Frankly I see 1-4 with Mays starting.

--- End quote ---

I agree on Bishop and as I noted earlier, coach Carl was very-well balance last week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version