YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SDSU Week

<< < (4/13) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 18, 2016, 01:53:12 PM ---Yeah but not just any P5 job Go, a good P5 job. He was offered the Maryland job last year and didnt want it.

--- End quote ---
Last year was first out of Nebraska and who knows, all these are anonymous reports.  Who knows what and if Maryland offered?   I don’t think the ACC guys want to be Big10 anyway.  IMO this is a marginal job at best.  Not as bad a Big10 pick up as Rutgers, but close. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Like Wells or not his career numbers are starting to look pretty good right about now and that was with a very banged up line and some receivers who simply couldn't catch. I love Ricky to death, but 8-25 with 2 picks in the last 2 conference games really concerns me. The coordinator's in this conference catch on quick

ytownchief22:
Bo is not going to Purdue. Let's focus on this week please.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 18, 2016, 03:10:43 PM ---Like Wells or not his career numbers are starting to look pretty good right about now and that was with a very banged up line and some receivers who simply couldn't catch. I love Ricky to death, but 8-25 with 2 picks in the last 2 conference games really concerns me. The coordinator's in this conference catch on quick

--- End quote ---

Ricky never threw a pic in his college career until after the concussion, and then threw four.  :-[ I think he's a different player now, unfortunately.  But if it makes you feel better, Ricky's passing efficiency now, despite four INTs, is better than Wells last year.  FWIW, Ricky's passing efficiency in 2015 was also > Wells (with the identical o line and receivers).  Davis (and some Hosick and Mays) got us to 5-1 so far.  Last year all we had was five wins.  QBs seem to regress under Monty, but maybe Davis will develop and progress.  We'll see.

IAA Fan:
Like it or not ...Mays is last year's #4 QB. This year he moves up to #3, now #2. Davis is last year's #2 QB and this year's #1. This is Davis' first year. Those were Mays' first collegiate game snaps. The fact that Davis has done as well as he has and the additional fact that Mays was able to step in and drive the team for 2-TD's proves your theory on QB's progression under Monty to be quite incorrect Nation. Go, we all need to stop looking any any of these guys as running QB's ..as not even Hosick is truly such. However you are correct on his running skills vs the others. Again I point to the line's inability to pass protect. (incidentally, I think that you will see that change starting this week).

Also, allow me to point out that last year under Wells (and Monty) we had 7 INTs (maybe a bit high), had 2,198 yards rushing and 2,117 yards passing in just 11 games. The Penguins averaged 392.3 yards per game of total offense and 29.4 points per contest. These numbers should win just about every game.

In general under Monty, we have never has less that 2k passing and 2k rushing in any season. Definitely correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think so. Dante Nania was the only QB that did not accomplish this and he was only a 3 or 4 game starter. Hess began his career under Monty and owns just about every record. Monty took solid talent and made an exceptional QB. Wells had an amazing red-zone percentage of 91.5 (43-of-47) his first year. This is really there first year that I can recall our red-zone performance being called into question. So it is not as though I have some infatuation with Monty or Wells, I simply see what coach M has done here at YSU, along with the fact that we have a more solid D to go along with Monty's O ...which is why we are 5-1 with 2 (maybe 3) good teams under our belts. However, we definitely have the toughest part of our schedule ahead of us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version