YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game: UNI

<< < (4/6) > >>

Wick250:
On the quarterback situation, the logical course of action is to install a wildcat package in case Mays goes down  :-\ and Davis is still out.  Could be a running back or a receiver.  Could also be a db who played quarterback in high school.  There is no other option.

Mays will have a full week of practice and more of the playbook should be available.  I am not conceding anything, but most of us expected losses at SDSU and NDSU.  The road to the playoffs with our quarterback mess now is the home games against Indiana State and Southern Illinois (two bad defensive teams) and the road contest against improved Missouri State.

The YO Show:
This is going to be a very different comment than what is said in this thread so far, but I'm going to say something positive about Coach Shane. The fact that Nathan Mays was able to just step in... its crazy to think he could have been getting the kid reps. Even Bo credited Shane with doing a good job of spreading reps and developing players. Maybe there were questionable offensive calls, but that was a good team we played against with a good defense. Our offense hasn't been the strong point of the team all year. I'm proud they got that W.

The YO Show:
Also, I think I'm going to be optimistic. I think Nate Mays has alot of talent. Hes going to be really good at QB for us here in the ensuing years. Hopefully we stay injury free from here on out and he carries on the wins  8).

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 16, 2016, 12:40:53 AM ---On the quarterback situation, the logical course of action is to install a wildcat package in case Mays goes down  :-\ and Davis is still out.  Could be a running back or a receiver.  Could also be a db who played quarterback in high school.  There is no other option.

Mays will have a full week of practice and more of the playbook should be available.  I am not conceding anything, but most of us expected losses at SDSU and NDSU.  The road to the playoffs with our quarterback mess now is the home games against Indiana State and Southern Illinois (two bad defensive teams) and the road contest against improved Missouri State.

--- End quote ---

I agree 100%. Some wildcat would be a great idea. Getting an emergency QB some reps looks like a necessity too since Davis does not sound like he will be ready in the next couple weeks.

We play a couple pretty good teams then haha, I don't think a run only offense will get it done when they have a full week to prepare for us.

This will really show us what coach Montgomery can do, or not do.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 16, 2016, 07:28:12 AM ---Also, I think I'm going to be optimistic. I think Nate Mays has alot of talent. Hes going to be really good at QB for us here in the ensuing years. Hopefully we stay injury free from here on out and he carries on the wins  8).

--- End quote ---

Problem is that now he has to play.  We don't get a cha ce to develop him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version