Author Topic: In Game: UNI  (Read 14562 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Montgomery's IQ must be in the Dim range at 70
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 12:40:53 AM »
On the quarterback situation, the logical course of action is to install a wildcat package in case Mays goes down  :-\ and Davis is still out.  Could be a running back or a receiver.  Could also be a db who played quarterback in high school.  There is no other option.

Mays will have a full week of practice and more of the playbook should be available.  I am not conceding anything, but most of us expected losses at SDSU and NDSU.  The road to the playoffs with our quarterback mess now is the home games against Indiana State and Southern Illinois (two bad defensive teams) and the road contest against improved Missouri State.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 07:02:10 AM »
This is going to be a very different comment than what is said in this thread so far, but I'm going to say something positive about Coach Shane. The fact that Nathan Mays was able to just step in... its crazy to think he could have been getting the kid reps. Even Bo credited Shane with doing a good job of spreading reps and developing players. Maybe there were questionable offensive calls, but that was a good team we played against with a good defense. Our offense hasn't been the strong point of the team all year. I'm proud they got that W.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 07:28:12 AM »
Also, I think I'm going to be optimistic. I think Nate Mays has alot of talent. Hes going to be really good at QB for us here in the ensuing years. Hopefully we stay injury free from here on out and he carries on the wins  8).

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 11:01:23 AM »
On the quarterback situation, the logical course of action is to install a wildcat package in case Mays goes down  :-\ and Davis is still out.  Could be a running back or a receiver.  Could also be a db who played quarterback in high school.  There is no other option.

Mays will have a full week of practice and more of the playbook should be available.  I am not conceding anything, but most of us expected losses at SDSU and NDSU.  The road to the playoffs with our quarterback mess now is the home games against Indiana State and Southern Illinois (two bad defensive teams) and the road contest against improved Missouri State.

I agree 100%. Some wildcat would be a great idea. Getting an emergency QB some reps looks like a necessity too since Davis does not sound like he will be ready in the next couple weeks.

We play a couple pretty good teams then haha, I don't think a run only offense will get it done when they have a full week to prepare for us.

This will really show us what coach Montgomery can do, or not do.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 11:11:42 AM »
Also, I think I'm going to be optimistic. I think Nate Mays has alot of talent. Hes going to be really good at QB for us here in the ensuing years. Hopefully we stay injury free from here on out and he carries on the wins  8).

Problem is that now he has to play.  We don't get a cha ce to develop him.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 11:32:30 AM »

Problem is that now he has to play.  We don't get a cha ce to develop him.

He has been here for 2-years. He is just like Wells or Hess in style. The biggest problem is going to be keeping him here with two juniors ahead of him. He is a red-shirt frosh.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
It will be Mays job for 2 full years and I can't see him going anywhere. The way our Qb's go down he will probably be playing more often then not..If Trent never comes back I can see Bo going out and getting another Transfer

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 11:53:53 AM »
Shane came out of the press box to signal in the plays to Mays and he was limited to 15 plays

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
Shane came out of the press box to signal in the plays to Mays and he was limited to 15 plays

Of course, that is what was so wonderful to watch! BTW. Although I am not so sure his play book was limited until the INT ... LOL

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »

Any idea why he was limited? 2 years in the system he should know what he's doing right?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »

Of course, that is what was so wonderful to watch! BTW. Although I am not so sure his play book was limited until the INT ... LOL

That pick was not Mays fault. He was hammered as he was releasing that ball (no follow through). That pass was going to an open receiver heading into the end zone. Now what was the chances of the receiver catching it if NM was able to get it there ::) ???

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 09:41:04 AM »

..We stand with the next man up !!
OK, I hear you, but sounds like the next QB up after Mays is Pelini?!?!?!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »

..We stand with the next man up !!
OK, I hear you, but sounds like the next QB up after Mays is Pelini?!?!?!
He said he'd do it  ;D