YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa

<< < (14/15) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 17, 2016, 04:25:55 PM ---We had a drive (with our 3rd string QB no less) lasting 11:40, starting at the YSU14, and running 22 plays, driving   86 yards for a TD.  In case you are wondering like I was if that was the longest drive in college FB history, it wasn't, but it wasn't far off.

--- End quote ---

Great drive, and the final one too, 10 straight running plays for winning TD! 43 second half rushes to their 31 for the whole game.
And in fairness, I do want to point out:
Davis, Hosick, Wells, Mays = 4th string QB..

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 17, 2016, 04:45:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 17, 2016, 04:25:55 PM ---We had a drive (with our 3rd string QB no less) lasting 11:40, starting at the YSU14, and running 22 plays, driving   86 yards for a TD.  In case you are wondering like I was if that was the longest drive in college FB history, it wasn't, but it wasn't far off.

--- End quote ---

Great drive, and the final one too, 10 straight running plays for winning TD! 43 second half rushes to their 31 for the whole game.

--- End quote ---

I don't think Wells is any string.  He was wearing street clothes as I understand.  My guess is he doesn't want to burn a year of eligibility, will red shirt this year, and transfer after this season.

After watching Mays, I feel good about the QB situation for years to come.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 17, 2016, 04:52:14 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't think Wells is any string.  He was wearing street clothes as I understand.  My guess is he doesn't want to burn a year of eligibility, will red shirt this year, and transfer after this season.

--- End quote ---

Wells still has a shoulder injury from the off season. I don't feel good about the QB situation, sorry. Need to see more than just handing the ball off.

go guins:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe on Wells, and Mays hung in and played tough, but he didn't show anything as a passer and little as a runner.  Not sure what you were watching Saturday, but QB play was awful ALL NIGHT.

IAA Fan:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Great point, Wells had been running the scout team up until this should "click" at the beginning of the week. So how lucky were we that Mays was running scout this past week? He said that he normally will see 50% of the 2nd-team reps ...nice to know that coach Shane keeps him so involved. I watched Mays in camp last year and Monty would yell over to him every play and ask him what we are running, or something else related to the previous play or the next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version