YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa

<< < (13/15) > >>

DavedS:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 16, 2016, 08:17:24 PM ---Any word on Townsend? He was really grabbing that ankle.

--- End quote ---
I will find out but saw that he made a nice return later after getting knocked out of the game.

IAA Fan:
thanks David, was he the one with the ankle? Maybe I have the wrong person, as it looked pretty bad when he was coming off.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 17, 2016, 02:10:33 PM ---thanks David, was he the one with the ankle? Maybe I have the wrong person, as it looked pretty bad when he was coming off.

--- End quote ---
I think it was Townsend coming off with the really bad looking ankle, skipping with -0- weight on the bad leg.  Then shortly after he had another terrific return setting up with winning TB (after the 4 roughing calls!)

Penguin Nation:
We had a drive (with our 3rd string QB no less) lasting 11:40, starting at the YSU14, and running 22 plays, driving   86 yards for a TD.  In case you are wondering like I was if that was the longest drive in college FB history, it wasn't, but it wasn't far off.

From Wikipedia:

The 2004 Emerald Bowl was a post-season college football bowl game between the New Mexico Lobos and the Navy Midshipmen on December 30, 2004 at SBC Park in San Francisco, California, United States. The game, which Navy won with a final score of 34–19, was highlighted by a 26-play drive from the Midshipmen that took up almost 15 minutes of game time and set the record for the longest drive in a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) college football game.

In the NFL, the longest drive (by time) was by the Tennessee Oilers on 11/27/1997 against the Dallas Cowboys - the drive lasted 13:27, and they ran 21 plays to go 90 yards, and the drive resulted in a FG.  There were two other drives in NFL history lasting 22 plays, but consumed less time.

IAA Fan:
Great post Nation. Man ...all that time for an FG ...it almost sounds like a joke.

When you are like we did out of a spread, it is all on your 5-down and the RB. Hats off to them once again. We had to be just as tired. Did you hear Savon in the press conference? He said that he could barely keep his arm up during the locker room fight song.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version