YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa

<< < (12/15) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 16, 2016, 06:52:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 16, 2016, 12:29:43 PM ---Ot seemed to me we were flexing in and out of it.  We did good with the regular option, but not the read.  I would like to see more pistol and more use of the FB.

--- End quote ---

I know what you mean Power, but we have to realize this was Mays first game. It takes time to get the right rhythm and eye for the read. Even when Monty did not run the QB as much in his years past, we had some mobility in the QB and I have seen Mays in many practices and scrimmages ...he can move when he needs to. He did some last night. All we have really done this year is move the run up further in the QB's progression. A couple of scary desperation pitches though.

Even though Mays threw that INT ...it was deep and well-positioned, just not enough arm for a very opportunistic defense in UNI. I also think it took guts.

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't have been throwing the ball anyway. Poor decision to throw because we were blowing them off the LOS at that time. Poor throw by the QB. Better clean it up for the next 2 games.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 16, 2016, 07:12:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 16, 2016, 12:29:43 PM ---Ot seemed to me we were flexing in and out of it.  We did good with the regular option, but not the read.  I would like to see more pistol and more use of the FB.

--- End quote ---

I know what you mean Power, but we have to realize this was Mays first game. It takes time to get the right rhythm and eye for the read. Even when Monty did not run the QB as much in his years past, we had some mobility in the QB and I have seen Mays in many practices and scrimmages ...he can move when he needs to. He did some last night. All we have really done this year is move the run up further in the QB's progression. A couple of scary desperation pitches though.

Even though Mays threw that INT ...it was deep and well-positioned, just not enough arm for a very opportunistic defense in UNI. I also think it took guts.

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't have been throwing the ball anyway. Poor decision to throw because we were blowing them off the LOS at that time. Poor throw by the QB. Better clean it up for the next 2 games.

--- End quote ---

That is the questionably call I referred to, I agree with you.

IAA Fan:
Same here, a little too opportunistic, but were were controlling and I think everyone thought we could make it back up should it fall incomplete and it would move the LBs back in coverage. Of course that assumes an incomplete pass, not and INT (:

IAA Fan:
Any word on Townsend? He was really grabbing that ankle.

ysubigred:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Go look at the replay. He was hammered as he released the ball had no follow through. The YSU receiver had a few steps on the defender going into the end zone. The problem is would the butter fingered receivers caught it  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version