YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa

<< < (4/15) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 10, 2016, 02:53:27 PM ---Lots of frustration among UNI fans, who are running out of patience with Farley.  This game may play out like the ISUr game (low scoring battle for field position).  UNI and YSU are the only two MVFC Ds to not allow a rushing TD.  Aaron Bailey is a dual threat QB that, like Streveler of ISUr, we need to contain. They are 2-3/1-1 but have a much stronger SOS and a P5 win.  Outside of WVU, this will be our biggest challenge so far.  Speaking of P5 wins, its interesting to see how ISUr and UNI collectively are 1-4 in the MVFC and both beat P5 teams.  The MVFC is a beast.

--- End quote ---

That was true until last Saturday.  Stats weren't updated when I posted that.

On Penguin Playbook Monday night, Hannon said only one other FCS team has allowed zero rushing TDs, but didn't say who it is.

5dimes has YSU -2.5, and an over/under of 38.5, which seems to be too high.

Massey gives YSU a 56% likelihood to win, and predicts a score of 20-17.

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 11, 2016, 01:43:57 PM ---On Penguin Playbook Monday night, Hannon said only one other FCS team has allowed zero rushing TDs, but didn't say who it is.
--- End quote ---

I just checked the stats on the NCAA's site, and ytownchief22 is correct.  OSU and YSU are the only D1 teams to not allow a rushing TD.  Good chance that's still the case after this Saturday.

IAA Fan:
The "change in philosophy" was quite some time ago. Pre-Wolf for certain. We have played UNI with the spread more than a few times. I can go back an look at some of my photos, that may tell us something.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 11, 2016, 10:23:49 AM ---Ohio State and YSU are the only 2 schools (FBS or FCS) to not allow a rushing TD. FYI ;)

--- End quote ---

Well there you go, the kiss of death

Penguin Nation:
silver anniversary helmets for Saturday:

https://twitter.com/Uniformswag/status/785626102219681796

Black out in student section:

https://twitter.com/PenguinRundown1/status/786191764952641537

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version