YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa

<< < (3/15) > >>

YSUGO:
I feel this game will play out like Illinois st. Panthers will cheat lbs and safety's in the box to force dare us to throw. It will come down to Ricky making good decisions on the read and passing game.  We need to gameplan our offense to isolate Webb into a mismatch.  Defense will be geared up to stop their QB as well.  Our CB's need their A game as we will have out on an island a lot trying to stop their qb.  We need to move the sticks and control time of possession and field position.  It's about D, special teams and grinding it out to get to the 4 qtr.  We need to lean on our big old line then and pound it to a victory.  Due to our red zone troubles. I see lots of Fgs.  YSU 22-20.  Kennedy 5 fgs .

go guins:

[/quote]

Wrong. They've allowed 2. YSU is the only FCS school to not allow a rushing TD so far this year.
[/quote]

Correct. 
UNI ranks 11th in rush D, YSU 13th 95 ypg vs 97 ypg so not much to diff.
YSU 35 th in pass defense 194 ypg (last year #1 I think) UNI is 84th in pass D at 240 ypg

ytownchief22:
Ohio State and YSU are the only 2 schools (FBS or FCS) to not allow a rushing TD. FYI ;)

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 11, 2016, 10:23:49 AM ---Ohio State and YSU are the only 2 schools (FBS or FCS) to not allow a rushing TD. FYI ;)

--- End quote ---
Interesting, and they both have red as a primary color.  I know there was a lot of similarities!

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 11, 2016, 07:03:02 AM ---They beat the hell out of South Dakota in every statistical category but gave up deep passes to them (like we did).  UNI also has not allowed a rushing TD this year.
--- End quote ---

They dominated the time of possession and first downs, but USD outgained them 385-378 and had 5 sacks to 0 for UNI.  In addition to the big pass plays, Streveler had a 69 yard TD run and Bouma ripped off a 38 yard run.  I look for Webb and Bailey to hit some big plays this Saturday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version