YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Northern Iowa

(1/15) > >>

Wick250:
It has been three years since we have seen these guys.  Their success over an extended period of time (at least until December :P) was based upon a strong defense and power football with high quality at running back, receiver, and quarterback.  Now it is dangerous and stupid to draw definitive conclusions from one game, but watching the replay of their South Dakota game on ESPN3 I saw none of these elements.  Incredibly, they now also run the spread.  Their running backs and receivers are competent but not the same caliber they we had faced in the past.  Their quarterback is very quick and dangerous when he gets some space but rather pedestrian while in the pocket.  And their defense gave up numerous big plays to a South Dakota offense that was dormant against us until the last seven minutes.

Of course, all of this means nothing if we don't play up to our capabilities.

ytownchief22:
Time to win this game and show we are a for real player in FCS and not a weenie who only can win games in september.

HappyPenguin:
That's rather surprising to hear about all the changes at UNI. Sounds like a much better match up for us. I wonder why the change in philosophy?

Penguin Nation:
Lots of frustration among UNI fans, who are running out of patience with Farley.  This game may play out like the ISUr game (low scoring battle for field position).  UNI and YSU are the only two MVFC Ds to not allow a rushing TD.  Aaron Bailey is a dual threat QB that, like Streveler of ISUr, we need to contain. They are 2-3/1-1 but have a much stronger SOS and a P5 win.  Outside of WVU, this will be our biggest challenge so far.  Speaking of P5 wins, its interesting to see how ISUr and UNI collectively are 1-4 in the MVFC and both beat P5 teams.  The MVFC is a beast. 

The YO Show:
I honestly feel like our conference is > than the MAC. People could disagree all they want, but I bet if everyone in our conference played two OOC games against MAC schools, the MVFC would probably have the majority of wins. Thats with their extra scholarships  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version