YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs ILS In Gme Thread

<< < (14/16) > >>

ytownchief22:
Game ball should go to the defense as a whole. DB's had great coverage and the D-Line, my lord. Do we have the best DE's in all of FCS football ? Rivers and Moss are unblockable most time. Makes it easier only being able to rush 4. Illinois St has a good defense but Ricky did not play his best. Had some very nice runs though. Like McCaster a lot. Ruiz and Webb don't look healthy. On to UNI!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I thought the O-Line really imposed their will on the long drive and didn't let up the following drive. Like I said the Defense will win us the tough conference games..I'm still a little concerned with the passing offense, but with a defense like ours and Ricky's running ability it still worked out in the win !!

Wick250:
What a magnificent defensive performance.  Keeping Illinois State out of the end zone twice on the only two drives when they had real momentum.  Kolbe passed for about 250 yards against NDSU last week.  We held him to 10 out of 26 and very little yardage. 

The offense had major issues that simply must be addressed.  But they did launch two sustained td drives in the fourth quarter.  Who saw that coming?

IAA Fan, game balls to the entire defense.  McCaster gets one too.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 08, 2016, 07:09:40 PM ---What a magnificent defensive performance.  Keeping Illinois State out of the end zone twice on the only two drives when they had real momentum.  Kolbe passed for about 250 yards against NDSU last week.  We held him to 10 out of 26 and very little yardage. 

The offense had major issues that simply must be addressed.  But they did launch two sustained td drives in the fourth quarter.  Who saw that coming?

IAA Fan, game balls to the entire defense.  McCaster gets one too.

--- End quote ---

Well said. Totally agree

Penquin68:
#12 had a good day in the run game and not much in the pass game except for the td pass.  Not much confidence in him with pressure passing for sure.  Not sure what options we have there.

Defense was great, especially # 9 and 11.  The db's were strong most of the time. #7 had a rough day at WVU, but today played very well.

Can the defense and run game save us?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version