Author Topic: YSU vs ILS In Gme Thread  (Read 30961 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs ILS In Gme Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2016, 05:59:38 PM »
Any road win in the MVFC is a good win. Nice job.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
We will never see another player the caliber of #11. A BEAST.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2016, 06:10:06 PM »
Game ball either Moss/Rivers combo or McCaster.

Moss/Rivers kept what was going to be a minimum of 3 long scores from happening with their penetration. McCaster really got his feet wet today and did exceptionally well.

So before we start complaining ...any other thoughts on game ball?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2016, 06:10:41 PM »
Good job guins!! Looks like our next opponent could be upset by S.D..Late in the 4th S.D. up by 3..You were right 1AA

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »
Great win.  USD beat UNI....we are looking good at home next weekend.  This season is looking very promising.  I would consider giving McCaster the start next week.  Team played all four quarters.  Keep it up and there is no one we can't beat.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2016, 06:24:31 PM »
Game ball should go to the defense as a whole. DB's had great coverage and the D-Line, my lord. Do we have the best DE's in all of FCS football ? Rivers and Moss are unblockable most time. Makes it easier only being able to rush 4. Illinois St has a good defense but Ricky did not play his best. Had some very nice runs though. Like McCaster a lot. Ruiz and Webb don't look healthy. On to UNI!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2016, 06:33:39 PM »
I thought the O-Line really imposed their will on the long drive and didn't let up the following drive. Like I said the Defense will win us the tough conference games..I'm still a little concerned with the passing offense, but with a defense like ours and Ricky's running ability it still worked out in the win !!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2016, 07:09:40 PM »
What a magnificent defensive performance.  Keeping Illinois State out of the end zone twice on the only two drives when they had real momentum.  Kolbe passed for about 250 yards against NDSU last week.  We held him to 10 out of 26 and very little yardage. 

The offense had major issues that simply must be addressed.  But they did launch two sustained td drives in the fourth quarter.  Who saw that coming?

IAA Fan, game balls to the entire defense.  McCaster gets one too.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2016, 07:42:34 PM »
What a magnificent defensive performance.  Keeping Illinois State out of the end zone twice on the only two drives when they had real momentum.  Kolbe passed for about 250 yards against NDSU last week.  We held him to 10 out of 26 and very little yardage. 

The offense had major issues that simply must be addressed.  But they did launch two sustained td drives in the fourth quarter.  Who saw that coming?

IAA Fan, game balls to the entire defense.  McCaster gets one too.

Well said. Totally agree

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »
#12 had a good day in the run game and not much in the pass game except for the td pass.  Not much confidence in him with pressure passing for sure.  Not sure what options we have there.

Defense was great, especially # 9 and 11.  The db's were strong most of the time. #7 had a rough day at WVU, but today played very well.

Can the defense and run game save us?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2016, 08:01:14 PM »
Very early forecast for next Saturday... 66 and most sunny.

Can we please fill the Ice Castle up! This defense is phenomenal!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:40 PM »
ditto WICK; It was a magnificent defensive performance!! I thought the interception would put the momentum in ILL. ST. corner and we were doomed, but the defense rose to the occasion and they were great!

Then the offensive line opened up some great holes and the team looked moved right down the field. Any away MVFC win is difficult and YSU was up to the challenge.

We still have 6 more MVFC games and none of them will be easy.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2016, 08:15:08 PM »
Making this a short analysis.  Defense did their job. Defense did their job.Defense did their job! Both lines imposed their will in the 4th qtr.  Special teams have been fantastic.  This game should have been won by us and we did ....Redbirds gift wrapped us a score when they all out blitzed Ricky on 3rd down.  I give him credit he made the play on that. We won the 4th qtr and that won us the game.  Not gonna b**** about
Ricky it's a W.  We won ugly but nobody said we had to win pretty.  Pretty much see how Pelini wants to play it out .   Grind it out control the ball and with our D and special teams we have a good chance of being in the game at the end.  We usually don't close out the 4th qtr and we did this time.  Signature road win lets build off it and beat UNI next week.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »
1st half the D look really good, O was very flat. 3rd QTR had me concerned D bent but did not break O could not get it going. Really nice to say that YSU owned the 4th qtr. Not sure if the O wore them down or we made adjustments but it worked, what was that one drive, like 17 plays? D in the 4th was fun to watch.

They were excited to announce like 13,000 fans, guessing tickets sold, looked like a lot of empty seats but hard to tell with the red seats.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2016, 09:30:25 PM »
It's hard to believe Illinois St. is 0-3 in Conference play. Just goes to show you how good the Missouri is. Any team can beat any team on any giving Saturday. If SDSU can beat Southern there will be a 3 way tie for first place with YSU, NDS, and SDSU..3 More conference wins and I think we're in, but I'm still taking one game at a time