YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

#15 YSU at #23 Illinois State

<< < (3/6) > >>

Buddy:
WBCB to televise YSU vs. Illinois State game on Saturday

Found my answer!!!!!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I think our pass defense will be put to the test on Saturday. Illinois St. pretty much had there way with NDS untill the Bison made the necessary adjustments at half..Ever year this game comes down to adjustments

Penguin Nation:
article from Charles Grove:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/oct/05/ysu-hopes-to-end-skid-at-ill-st/

The Penguins travel this weekend to Illinois State, where they haven’t won since 2006.

“When you look at our schedule, that’s why we’ve got to keep getting better,” YSU head coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday. “We’ve got to become more efficient and consistent.”

Illinois State’s conference record might not be much to look at. The Redbirds are dead-last in the Missouri Valley Football Conference at 0-2 and have lost three straight since upsetting Northwestern in Week 2.

But that triggers a bit of an alarm in quarterback Ricky Davis’ mind.

“I would say it’s tougher [to win against Illinois State] because they’re hungrier than most teams,” Davis said. “They need this win and they’re going to do anything they can to get it.”

YSU (3-1, 1-0) dropped a 31-29 decision at home against the Redbirds last year. It was one of four games within a field goal the Penguins played in last year, dropping three of them.

I think the team will turn it up a notch for this game, but they seem to have peaked in the first half of the WVU game, and then just stumbling around since then.  Davis is right, ISUr will be fighting for their playoff lives at home for Homecoming.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
20-17 Good Guys!! I think there much better then their 2-3 record would indicate. I normally don't like to compare games, but their win over Northwestern was impressive. Northwestern beat Iowa by a touchdown and put up 37 points on them. They also lost a close game to Nebraska. I think the Redbirds have fallen behind early in games and that has hurt them

ValleyTalk:
Just win so we can look forward to this:
https://twitter.com/weareyoungstown/status/784388104157364224

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version