YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Guins vs. Coyotes

<< < (12/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
#11 won't see the field again this year unless Ricky is either hurt or we are up big. Keep in mind Hosick was actually 3rd on the depth chart to start the season and got moved into the back up role to preserve #6's red shirt for him. Ricky is an overall better decision maker and passer and runner then Hosick is..Between the two the staff has made the right choice

ytownchief22:
Keep running 5-7, 170 pound Webb up the middle for no gain its my favorite play Monty ;)

IAA Fan:
Thanks YSUGO for some sense and stability. I agree with our red-zone problems under Monty and I also place a great deal of that on recruiting and coach Carm.

As to the game last night, I agree we needed to isolate in the flat and see if we could use Webb's speed, but I simply did not trust Davis to get this done, for any number of reasons. It is probably harder to throw like that then straight down the field. I give Ruiz all the credit in the world. I am also mad that when we went to a 2-back set, we did not use Ruiz and McCaster.

#11 will never want to play, why risk getting hurt when you are going elsewhere? There is a time for dedication and time to think about yourself. Now is the latter for Wells. To Davis' credit ...last night he really put some "mustard" on the ball for the first time & this could have been a factor his erratic throwing. Wells still is the only one of the 3 that can hit the numbers consistently ...and before you all attack, I am only talking passing, not running.

I know we complain about this all the time, but officiating was really bad last night. That push-off was obvious and Bo let him have it. That late hit out of bounds was initiated while the defender was out-of-bounds ...that should have been 15 and an ejection.

Great point on the crowd. I was so disappointed.

Do not agree on Carl's scheme. If you  think coach M is stagnant, then coach Carl is "dead". It simply worked out for him last night as their line was so week, that their QB had to look short or run. We cannot (and have not been able to) sustain that against a good offensive front.

On Monty keep or losing his job, this may surprise you, but I agree. Then again, he is not Bo's pick, so that hog-ties him. I am confident he can fix the red-zone issues, but without Well firing the ball, it is on our O-line making holes and I do not see it happening this year.  Maybe late season but it will be too late by then. We are going to have to throw up close and I hate that. After last night I lost all confidence in Davis' arm. It seems like all our online can do is protect. I am thowing my support behind Ruiz and McCaster, with a delicate sprinkling of Webb.

GO GUINS!!

IAA Fan:
Chief. Webb only had 11 carriers last  night. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. You are thinking of last year wen Ruiz was hurt. Webb is your feature back. If we sent him outside every play then you would be complaining that every team knows what he is going to do. The skills are there and being used properly. What's the matter is 3 backs and QB with feet too much for you? I guess being #4 in the nation is not good enough.

Penguin Nation:
Seven trips to the red zone, and five of those did NOT result in a TD.....against the MVFCs worst rushing D. Shameful.

MSU is 3-1/1-0....we may have already played our easiest conference foe...at home. 

I still believe in #11, but don't believe he's > #12. I don't think #11 is leaving, but assume #6 is.  #12 is the fourth highest passing efficiency QB in the MVFC (#19 in the FCS), and this myth that he can't "hit the numbers consistently" still follows him.  He's never thrown a pic before yesterday in his college career.  He's coming off a concussion....I'll cut him some slack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version