YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Guins vs. Coyotes

<< < (8/15) > >>

ytownchief22:
The crowds suck, and will continue to suck until this program makes the playoffs.

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 01, 2016, 09:06:54 PM ---The crowds suck, and will continue to suck until this program makes the playoffs.

--- End quote ---

Crowds will probably suck then too.  I don't see the crowds of the 90's and 2000's ever coming back.  Most those people either passed away or moved away.  Maybe even too old now to come to games.  Most kids these days could careless about YSU football. 

ValleyTalk:
Way too many missed opportunities. We let them stay in this game when we failed to score on those drives in the second quarter. The good thing is we escaped with a win and overall our defense played real well. If/when we see this team play to their potential, watch out. Would love to see it next week vs. Illinois State who has now lost 3 straight. I feared that one at the beginning of the season, but Illinois State's offense is really struggling this year.

Penguin Nation:
Interesting that ISUr can beat a BIG team, but not a Valley team.  Next week is their Homecoming, lots to work on before that road trip.

Score by quarter: YSU +7/+10/-3/-4.  You can set your watch by the timing of the meltdowns.  If the tank gets empty at the half, we better go into the half with 2-3 score leads.

I thought the defense was spectacular.  Streveler prolly has PTSD now from Moss and Rivers.  I don't fault Jameel Smith for wanting to take his pic to the house instead of downing in in the end zone.  Loved the enthusiasm.  The Powell pic 6 was awesome.

Wick250:
There were some good things today.  All the wasted opportunities disguise the fact that we accumulated 450 yards.  My goodness, it should have been 34-3 at halftime.

Davis was 15 for 23 for 281 yards.  Two bad decisions, but those might be fixable with more game experience.  The defense held their quarterback to 10 for 27, and he gained exactly 14 yards in 14 attempts once the sacks are factored into the statistics.  Didn't like the way South Dakota waltzed down the field in garbage time, but that happens.

Could somebody please explain why we sent Webb up the middle into the teeth of their defense about five times? :o  And five times with the same result.  That is exactly how he got hurt against Duquesne.  Any more of that and I will have to join the anti-Montgomery bandwagon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version