YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU a Top 25 team?

<< < (4/10) > >>

The YO Show:
Also, the AP had a ton of voters ask if NDSU could get votes (apparently no one remembers that an FCS school can from back when App State did after beating Michigan). No FCS team has ever gone beyond just getting votes though and being listed in the "Others receiving votes". We shall see, I don't think they crack the top 25, but it would be awesome as hell. Great exposure for the FCS if they did.

guinpen:
How about this angle, games like Iowa and ndsu are bad for FCS. It just means that more and more 1A teams will stop scheduling FCS teams, heck I would. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Iowa now has zero chance of the play-offs. The big paydays will end soon and schools like us will be hurting.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 18, 2016, 04:33:12 PM ---How about this angle, games like Iowa and ndsu are bad for FCS. It just means that more and more 1A teams will stop scheduling FCS teams, heck I would. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Iowa now has zero chance of the play-offs. The big paydays will end soon and schools like us will be hurting.

--- End quote ---

Could not have been said any better. They need to be banned by the NCAA so that no region of the country is treated unfairly. Like the Midwest with the Big-10's refusal to play FCS teams.

The YO Show:
With respect, not sure that argument makes total sense. Ban NDSU vs Iowa type games so more FCS vs FBS games are banned IAA? Also, don't think I agree either guinpen. First ever time that a ranked FBS team lost to an FCS team and didn't completely drop out of the coaches poll (Iowa is still ranked in the Coaches poll, at exactly 25). There are even talking heads on ESPN saying that losing to NDSU isn't really a bad loss either.

There is certainly more risk than reward for scheduling FCS teams, but its not just teams like NDSU that cause that issue. YSU, UNI, EWU, ect. ect. have been digging that grave for a while. Anytime a good FCS team beats an FBS team, the bad starts to outweigh the good. Therein lies the problem. If we like and need these money games, but we bring a competitive team, by your own argument we are causing our own misfortune down the road because the money games dry up due to our performance on the field. So... what we should just lose and take the money  :-\?

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 17, 2016, 08:21:11 PM ---They are done.

--- End quote ---
That’s it, stick to your guns!  Too late to back out now, no matter how ridiculous you sound!  We all knew how dumb your statement was last week, now the whole world knows!  Am I correct in saying MVFC 2 BIG 1? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version