YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (19/21) > >>

YSUGO:
Agreed!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 18, 2016, 12:53:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 18, 2016, 11:56:49 AM --- 

I fully agree.  I hate these games and I am not going to watch them anymore.  I don't care about it and if we lose we more than deserve it.  We don't belong playing these stupid teams and we don't belong in the MVFC.  Wish the people at the top would recognize this.

--- End quote ---

Wow,

--- End quote ---

I am asking myself if I should invest the time to watch a game where the outcome is predetermined, to watch a game that most certainly hurts us in the eyes of the playoff committee, to watch a game that doesn't provide an opportunity to be more prepared for league play.  The fans don't want to watch it either.  It is sickening.  If we want to pussyfoot around, then we should join the NEC, that way we can tell everyone how we dominate our league, make the playoffs and have a chance to play for a national championship.  These other teams have less scholarships and they are able to do what we aren't able to do.  Is it fair?  No but we need to do what it takes to:

1. Get the fans back at the games
2. Get to the playoffs
3. Compete for championships

My opinion is that athletics needs more money in order to do what we want them to do.

So build the new loges, change conferences (we could fit in CAA better), or say screw it and Join the MAC in 1A., but you have a better chance to get the fans back because the closest rival Towson would be 3.5 hours away in the CAA not 6 and by joining the MAC we would have true close natural rivals.  That gets the fans back and helps generate revenue.  We could get into the playoffs in the CAA and we could play all conference games except for the money game.  That also keeps people interested.

I hate what they are doing now.  I am not watching them play Bobby Morris anymore.  The question is who got hurt in all that futility? Hopefully no one that will be needed to win the conference

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 18, 2016, 02:50:32 PM ---

I fully agree.  I hate these games and I am not going to watch them anymore.  I don't care about it and if we lose we more than deserve it.  We don't belong playing these stupid teams and we don't belong in the MVFC.  Wish the people at the top would recognize this.

--- End quote ---

Wow,

--- End quote ---

I am asking myself if I should invest the time to watch a game where the outcome is predetermined, to watch a game that most certainly hurts us in the eyes of the playoff committee, to watch a game that doesn't provide an opportunity to be more prepared for league play.  The fans don't want to watch it either.  It is sickening.  If we want to pussyfoot around, then we should join the NEC, that way we can tell everyone how we dominate our league, make the playoffs and have a chance to play for a national championship.  These other teams have less scholarships and they are able to do what we aren't able to do.  Is it fair?  No but we need to do what it takes to:

2. Get to the playoffs

My opinion is that athletics needs more money in order to do what we want them to do.

So build the new loges, change conferences (we could fit in CAA better), or say screw it and Join the MAC in 1A., but you have a better chance to get the fans back because the closest rival Towson would be 3.5 hours away in the CAA not 6 and by joining the MAC we would have true close natural rivals.  That gets the fans back and helps generate revenue.  We could get into the playoffs in the CAA and we could play all conference games except for the money game.  That also keeps people interested.

I hate what they are doing now.  I am not watching them play Bobby Morris anymore.  The question is who got hurt in all that futility? Hopefully no one that will be needed to win the conference

--- End quote ---

Power, I actually agree with a lot of what you say, I am not a fan of our league, sure it is a great league but the schools are too far away, just can't get interested in them.

I also think there would be more interest in the CAA, not as much as if we were playing the Ohio schools but that will not happen soon. First the mac does not want us and second we do not have the money anyway. Until they drop down it aint happening.

The comments on this board that really puzzle me are when people indicate that they will not come to the games because of who we are playing. YSU could be playing Sebring and I would go and sit through the whole game because YSU is my team.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 18, 2016, 04:48:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 18, 2016, 02:50:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Wow,

--- End quote ---

2. Get to the playoffs

--- End quote ---

Power, I actually agree with a lot of what you say, I am not a fan of our league, sure it is a great league but the schools are too far away, just can't get interested in them.

I also think there would be more interest in the CAA, not as much as if we were playing the Ohio schools but that will not happen soon. First the mac does not want us and second we do not have the money anyway. Until they drop down it aint happening.

The comments on this board that really puzzle me are when people indicate that they will not come to the games because of who we are playing. YSU could be playing Sebring and I would go and sit through the whole game because YSU is my team.

--- End quote ---

They are also my team, but how do you get them to stop scheduling these poor teams?  The only way a fan can do this is by attending games and buying merchandise.  Unless there is a change at the AD level, I don't see this happening.  I have to wonder if we really couldn't afford to join the MAC.  If we played two money games as an FBS opponent we could get much higher payouts and we could schedule many of these games every week.  Plus a significant cost reduction in travel would be obtained.  I think we would have significantly higher attendance so with that being said, I think we could do it, especially looking at historical attendance of Kent, Akron, Buffalo and other MAC teams.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 18, 2016, 05:10:54 PM ---They are also my team, but how do you get them to stop scheduling these poor teams? 

--- End quote ---

I wish I had a good answer, but I do not. I do not know Strollo, I have no inside contacts, I am not a big money guy, just a longtime fan. With that said I can think of no reason why Strollo would not want to be a top notch program. If it was easy every FCS school would be at the top

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version