Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 53941 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2016, 02:15:01 PM »
"@YSURickyDavis: I'll be back, thanks for the prayers. We're in good hands with Mays and Hosick. Let's get the W! #GU1N6"

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2016, 02:23:13 PM »
Jaws could play QB today and we would still win.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »
This Quarterback play needs to improve..Thankfully Robert Morris is struggling Offensively

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »
Trent can run, but he is very weak at passing. If he can't find open receivers against Bobby Morris, there is very little chance against MVFC teams. Ricky get well!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »
Ricky is by far the best QB on this team. Smart to hold him out this week, need him healthy for conference play.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »
Depressing. Disappointing, and Disturbing! My own fault thou. The next time I'll know better than to watch North Dakota State beforehand........... :-[

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 07:14:36 PM »
What have I been saying?  Horrible.  Rather have a bye.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2016, 07:26:39 PM »
What have I been saying?  Horrible.  Rather have a bye.
You're wish is granted! We'll be better next week!   ;)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
Did what they had to. Get healthy and lets move forward.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2016, 10:21:20 PM »
Thought some folks on here wanted to see more of Hosick after his play last week vs. WVU. Well he had a chance to shine against a weak opponent and his performance left a lot to be desired. I'll take the win and the bye week to get our guys healthy.

Look forward to getting Ricky and Jody back for MVFC play!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2016, 10:47:18 PM »
Looking forward to Mays taking the team, but with Wells leaving? Hosick has thrown a key INT in every game/scrimmage that I have seen this year.

Kick coverage took a step backwards today.

We are still giving up the big gain plays. Sweeps and slant passes open all day. That RMU TE dropped a sure td pass at the end of the game.

O line surprisingly struggled today. At least at times.

Did you guys hear the pregame? Interesting that coach Shane took on the punting this year. Not kicking.

THANKS FOR THE PANTS!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:48:14 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »
Looking forward to Mays taking the team, but with Wells leaving? Hosick has thrown a key INT in every game/scrimmage that I have seen this year.

Kick coverage took a step backwards today.

We are still giving up the big gain plays. Sweeps and slant passes open all day. That RMU TE dropped a sure td pass at the end of the game.

O line surprisingly struggled today. At least at times.

Did you guys hear the pregame? Interesting that coach Shane took on the punting this year. Not kicking.

THANKS FOR THE PANTS!!!

Mays is not taking the team over....

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2016, 07:50:27 AM »
All I learned from this game is if Ricky Davis is our best option at QB we are in trouble.  Hosick performance was mediocre and against that competition he should have destroyed it.  I don't want to hear that we weren't up for the game and it's the competition and we aren't showing anything.  The league already know what this sh**ty offense will do after what 8 yrs of Monty. Let's hope we win 7 games.  I am in the Penguin Club and spend good money and what I see is a program with no identity or direction and I think it's time to pull the plug on me giving so much.  Let me clarify about Davis.  We expose him to to many unnecessary hits and he doesnt protect himself as well and play smart.  I like him but just don't see him staying  healthy.  Makes me sad I love YSU but it's on fumes right now and if it's losing my interest why would the casual fan want to come see them play.  Well newsflash!  They aren't. Especially against that competition.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2016, 09:12:09 AM »
Good post YSUGO!! I know Bo is never really happy in his press conferences, but he was VERY upset with the offense. RMU had Hosick figured out to a T and he should've been picked at least 3 times. They defended the run pretty good against him and that was a weak team from the NEC. They would have done the same to Ricky, But Davis would have been more effective. All what it takes is a few games for these other teams to figure our Quarterbacks out. We need to start being more effective in the passing game. These 40 and 50% completion rates will not get it done plus our Qb's are going to get killed. To bad that Wells will be leaving..Best of luck to him !!

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2016, 09:18:16 AM »
Is Wells still on the team now or did he already transfer?  I thought I saw him on sidelines calling in plays.  If he is still there I would have used him.  I still think if we were going to use two QBs he would have been better to use.  And we could have seen if there was improvement.