YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (9/21) > >>

Wick250:
Nation,

About four years ago, sports-related figures that were reported to the government became available.  I wished that I had saved these, but I didn't.  That is how we learned that the loge revenue surpassed the ticket receipts in any given year.

As far as how much money we make on a single game, that 67k figure does not hold up.  Let's figure a crowd of 13k.

Start with about 5,000 season ticket holders (used to be over 6k, tanked under Wolford, then recovered under Pelini, or so I am told.)  Say half of them (2500) pay full price which is $18....that is 45k.  The rest get university discounts which is half-price....that is 22.5k more.

Include 1,000 students which is 0.  Then add 7,000 non-season ticket individual game buyers.  Say 6,000 buying reserved seats....108k, and 1,000 purchasing general admission....about 16k

That comes out to over 191k, not counting concessions or advertising.  So I think that your 200k estimate is more accurate than the figure reported in that report.  And, of course, that does not count the loges.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Not even one prediction for tomorrow's game ?

ytownchief22:
7,000 to 10

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on September 16, 2016, 12:10:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 15, 2016, 06:07:04 PM ---The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.
--- End quote ---

Do you have a link to those figures?  That seems high.   In an article Joe Scalzo published on 9/10/14, Strollo told Joe, "YSU nets about $200,000 for each home football game through a combination of ticket sales, loge sales, corporate sponsorships (whose advertisements get more exposure), concessions, merchandise and parking."

--- End quote ---

Here's the quote:

"YSU nets about $200,000 for each home football game through a combination of ticket sales, loge sales, corporate sponsorships (whose advertisements get more exposure), concessions, merchandise and parking."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/sep/10/schedule-starts-with/?mobile

Another quote:

"He (Wolford) said he would be in favor of playing another money game, even if it’s against a Mid-American Conference team like Akron or Kent."  “Eric’s not afraid to play anyone."

One of the reasons I liked Wolford.  Dude had a pulse and a pair.

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 16, 2016, 03:23:09 PM ---7,000 to 10

--- End quote ---

Maybe for the first quarter and as the YSU touchdowns add up and the rain falls and kickoff for the OSU-OU game gets closer - look for about 500 in the stands by the 3rd quarter...should have been a 1:00 game as Bo wanted.  Would have been a great day of football for the YSU-OSU fans out there.  There is no way to avoid the Buckeye Nation and the power they have.  You have to realize it and work around it.

GO GUINS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version