YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (8/21) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2016, 10:50:17 PM ---FYI: The reason Kent of Akron have come to YSU first is because they will simply ask us to travel there, and then cancel the return. Happens all the time.

Again, if we are supposedly in the strongest conference, then why not schedule the conference bye in 12-game seasons?

Right now we have to worry about getting those additional loges built, as soon Duquesne will want a return game and we need the revenue that we will lose.

--- End quote ---

LOL. The day we play a game AT Duquesne with their 2,000 seat stadium is the day I stop caring about YSU football. Joke.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Just watched the Dayton and Robert Morris game. I have to give them some credit Defensively. Both of their defensive ends our pretty good players along with their nose guard. The linebackers are all undersized and around 200. Their secondary shows a decent abillity to cover at times.The only points they scored this year was on a kickoff return against Alderson Broaddus. Last year I thought their offensive line was the strength of their team, but not this year. Rivers and Moss and company will have a field day

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 15, 2016, 06:07:04 PM ---Nation,

Here is the flaw in your scheduling plan that includes the CAA.  The athletic directors at the better schools in that conference are doing the exact same thing that Strollo does.

Delaware plays lowly Delaware State (MEAC) and Lafayette (Patriot) before Wake Forest
JMU plays lowly Morehead State and Central Connecticut (NEC) before North Carolina

A P5 and two dogs, then their conference schedule.  Neither school would want a real game with us. 

As far as playing MAC schools on the road instead of the sixth home game, I disagree with you and have no interest in debating a dead issue.  However, in response to your suggestion earlier in this thread, we would actually lose money playing at Kent.  The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.

--- End quote ---

Wick, the CAA was only an example, but now that you mention it, maybe we are more suited for the CAA (ranked 5th in FCS) if we are so similar in our anemic OOC schedule.  In order to be on par with our MVFC competition, we need an OOC schedule similar to theirs, and others in the MVFC can find legit OOC games, I'm sure we could.

Do you have any links with those numbers? They are very different than revenue #s I've seen before.  I'd rather be proven wrong than misinformed. For example, according to this (http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/07/youngstown_state_-_draft.html), our ticket revenue/home FB game is $67, 460.  For non-loge revenue to be $200k, we are getting >$130k/game in advertising revenue?  In order, to get $200k in loge revenue/game, YSU is receiving $7,692/loge/game (based on 26 loges), and >$46k/loge/season?  Is that right?  If so, those are stratospheric #s, particularly in the Ytown market, than what I believed them to be.  So we get $400k for playing RMU at home, and $500k (minus travel expenses) for playing WVU?  Maybe RMU should also be referred to as a money game.

Penguin Nation:
Hype video:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiU2-T3nJTPAhXJ9h4KHYd6CnoQqQIIHzAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DO1XFZzShWGw&usg=AFQjCNGYYyG_2VTSBJHO4Gfqp48VY02KwA

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 15, 2016, 06:07:04 PM ---The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.
--- End quote ---

Do you have a link to those figures?  That seems high.   In an article Joe Scalzo published on 9/10/14, Strollo told Joe, "YSU nets about $200,000 for each home football game through a combination of ticket sales, loge sales, corporate sponsorships (whose advertisements get more exposure), concessions, merchandise and parking."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version