YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (7/21) > >>

ValleyTalk:
I would propose that in the years with 12 games, we either schedule a nearby MAC school in addition to a P5 school, or arrange a home/home with another FCS school.

The YO Show:
Valley, that is a good compromise between all viewpoints, alas it would only work when we would have a 12th game

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 15, 2016, 04:12:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2016, 01:37:51 PM ---Nation you have said this same thing 1,001 times. So here is response 1,001:

The MAC can kiss-off. No return ...no game. Any game scheduled with a MAC school must be home and home, with the MAC school traveling to Stambaugh FIRST.

I want as many home games as possible EVERY year ..not every other. The game itself is only one part of a Penguin game day experience. I guess you have to be a fan to know that.

Until YSU has regular postseason experience, I want the two easiest DI games we can get. On 12-game seasons, we need to be scheduling the MVFC team that would would be that season's normal Bye-game. I do not care about playing other conferences, as YSU is not in those conferences. My hope would be to defeat them in the post-season.

The former non-scholarship schools (like Duquesne) will be full scholarship in 2-years. At that point all of those AD's are going to demand return games. So I would like to schedule Duquesne and RMU because they are only an hour's drive for the fans.

You seem to forget that we are in the toughest conference in I-AA/FCS, so any of these non-conference teams should be inferior to us.

I do not have an ego to boost in the OOC regular season, I have one to show in the post-season and in conference play.

--- End quote ---

You and Strollo are the only ones who think that. No mac school is going to travel to an FCS school, which is what we still are. FCS. Get real.

--- End quote ---

Add me to the group, I have a long memory no games at Kent or Akron until they play here again.

ScarletRook:
The new(est) administration at Akron may change things in the near future.  The foundation may fund the football program, but there is a lot of faculty willing to ruffle feathers whether it is their business or not.

But first we have R.M. to play so to keep the focus....GO GUINS!

IAA Fan:
FYI: The reason Kent of Akron have come to YSU first is because they will simply ask us to travel there, and then cancel the return. Happens all the time.

Again, if we are supposedly in the strongest conference, then why not schedule the conference bye in 12-game seasons?

Right now we have to worry about getting those additional loges built, as soon Duquesne will want a return game and we need the revenue that we will lose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version