Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 53991 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 06:08:40 PM »
I would propose that in the years with 12 games, we either schedule a nearby MAC school in addition to a P5 school, or arrange a home/home with another FCS school.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 08:38:29 PM »
Valley, that is a good compromise between all viewpoints, alas it would only work when we would have a 12th game

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
Nation you have said this same thing 1,001 times. So here is response 1,001:

The MAC can kiss-off. No return ...no game. Any game scheduled with a MAC school must be home and home, with the MAC school traveling to Stambaugh FIRST.

I want as many home games as possible EVERY year ..not every other. The game itself is only one part of a Penguin game day experience. I guess you have to be a fan to know that.

Until YSU has regular postseason experience, I want the two easiest DI games we can get. On 12-game seasons, we need to be scheduling the MVFC team that would would be that season's normal Bye-game. I do not care about playing other conferences, as YSU is not in those conferences. My hope would be to defeat them in the post-season.

The former non-scholarship schools (like Duquesne) will be full scholarship in 2-years. At that point all of those AD's are going to demand return games. So I would like to schedule Duquesne and RMU because they are only an hour's drive for the fans.

You seem to forget that we are in the toughest conference in I-AA/FCS, so any of these non-conference teams should be inferior to us.

I do not have an ego to boost in the OOC regular season, I have one to show in the post-season and in conference play.

You and Strollo are the only ones who think that. No mac school is going to travel to an FCS school, which is what we still are. FCS. Get real.

Add me to the group, I have a long memory no games at Kent or Akron until they play here again.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »
The new(est) administration at Akron may change things in the near future.  The foundation may fund the football program, but there is a lot of faculty willing to ruffle feathers whether it is their business or not.

But first we have R.M. to play so to keep the focus....GO GUINS!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:38:47 PM by ScarletRook »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 10:50:17 PM »
FYI: The reason Kent of Akron have come to YSU first is because they will simply ask us to travel there, and then cancel the return. Happens all the time.

Again, if we are supposedly in the strongest conference, then why not schedule the conference bye in 12-game seasons?

Right now we have to worry about getting those additional loges built, as soon Duquesne will want a return game and we need the revenue that we will lose.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 10:59:54 PM »
FYI: The reason Kent of Akron have come to YSU first is because they will simply ask us to travel there, and then cancel the return. Happens all the time.

Again, if we are supposedly in the strongest conference, then why not schedule the conference bye in 12-game seasons?

Right now we have to worry about getting those additional loges built, as soon Duquesne will want a return game and we need the revenue that we will lose.

LOL. The day we play a game AT Duquesne with their 2,000 seat stadium is the day I stop caring about YSU football. Joke.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2016, 02:44:55 AM »
Just watched the Dayton and Robert Morris game. I have to give them some credit Defensively. Both of their defensive ends our pretty good players along with their nose guard. The linebackers are all undersized and around 200. Their secondary shows a decent abillity to cover at times.The only points they scored this year was on a kickoff return against Alderson Broaddus. Last year I thought their offensive line was the strength of their team, but not this year. Rivers and Moss and company will have a field day
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:53:14 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
Nation,

Here is the flaw in your scheduling plan that includes the CAA.  The athletic directors at the better schools in that conference are doing the exact same thing that Strollo does.

Delaware plays lowly Delaware State (MEAC) and Lafayette (Patriot) before Wake Forest
JMU plays lowly Morehead State and Central Connecticut (NEC) before North Carolina

A P5 and two dogs, then their conference schedule.  Neither school would want a real game with us. 

As far as playing MAC schools on the road instead of the sixth home game, I disagree with you and have no interest in debating a dead issue.  However, in response to your suggestion earlier in this thread, we would actually lose money playing at Kent.  The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.

Wick, the CAA was only an example, but now that you mention it, maybe we are more suited for the CAA (ranked 5th in FCS) if we are so similar in our anemic OOC schedule.  In order to be on par with our MVFC competition, we need an OOC schedule similar to theirs, and others in the MVFC can find legit OOC games, I'm sure we could.

Do you have any links with those numbers? They are very different than revenue #s I've seen before.  I'd rather be proven wrong than misinformed. For example, according to this (http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/07/youngstown_state_-_draft.html), our ticket revenue/home FB game is $67, 460.  For non-loge revenue to be $200k, we are getting >$130k/game in advertising revenue?  In order, to get $200k in loge revenue/game, YSU is receiving $7,692/loge/game (based on 26 loges), and >$46k/loge/season?  Is that right?  If so, those are stratospheric #s, particularly in the Ytown market, than what I believed them to be.  So we get $400k for playing RMU at home, and $500k (minus travel expenses) for playing WVU?  Maybe RMU should also be referred to as a money game.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 12:10:28 PM »
The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.

Do you have a link to those figures?  That seems high.   In an article Joe Scalzo published on 9/10/14, Strollo told Joe, "YSU nets about $200,000 for each home football game through a combination of ticket sales, loge sales, corporate sponsorships (whose advertisements get more exposure), concessions, merchandise and parking."

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
Nation,

About four years ago, sports-related figures that were reported to the government became available.  I wished that I had saved these, but I didn't.  That is how we learned that the loge revenue surpassed the ticket receipts in any given year.

As far as how much money we make on a single game, that 67k figure does not hold up.  Let's figure a crowd of 13k.

Start with about 5,000 season ticket holders (used to be over 6k, tanked under Wolford, then recovered under Pelini, or so I am told.)  Say half of them (2500) pay full price which is $18....that is 45k.  The rest get university discounts which is half-price....that is 22.5k more.

Include 1,000 students which is 0.  Then add 7,000 non-season ticket individual game buyers.  Say 6,000 buying reserved seats....108k, and 1,000 purchasing general admission....about 16k

That comes out to over 191k, not counting concessions or advertising.  So I think that your 200k estimate is more accurate than the figure reported in that report.  And, of course, that does not count the loges.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »
Not even one prediction for tomorrow's game ?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
7,000 to 10

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »
The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.

Do you have a link to those figures?  That seems high.   In an article Joe Scalzo published on 9/10/14, Strollo told Joe, "YSU nets about $200,000 for each home football game through a combination of ticket sales, loge sales, corporate sponsorships (whose advertisements get more exposure), concessions, merchandise and parking."

Here's the quote:

"YSU nets about $200,000 for each home football game through a combination of ticket sales, loge sales, corporate sponsorships (whose advertisements get more exposure), concessions, merchandise and parking."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/sep/10/schedule-starts-with/?mobile

Another quote:

"He (Wolford) said he would be in favor of playing another money game, even if it’s against a Mid-American Conference team like Akron or Kent."  “Eric’s not afraid to play anyone."

One of the reasons I liked Wolford.  Dude had a pulse and a pair.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2016, 05:00:53 PM »
7,000 to 10

Maybe for the first quarter and as the YSU touchdowns add up and the rain falls and kickoff for the OSU-OU game gets closer - look for about 500 in the stands by the 3rd quarter...should have been a 1:00 game as Bo wanted.  Would have been a great day of football for the YSU-OSU fans out there.  There is no way to avoid the Buckeye Nation and the power they have.  You have to realize it and work around it.

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5