YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (6/21) > >>

HappyPenguin:
The schedule maker doesn't care about us being entertained. Money is the only factor here, and the home loge money drives that. Therefore we "need" to schedule teams that can come in on the cheap.

That's it as far as I'm concerned.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2016, 01:37:51 PM ---Nation you have said this same thing 1,001 times. So here is response 1,001:

The MAC can kiss-off. No return ...no game. Any game scheduled with a MAC school must be home and home, with the MAC school traveling to Stambaugh FIRST.

I want as many home games as possible EVERY year ..not every other. The game itself is only one part of a Penguin game day experience. I guess you have to be a fan to know that.

Until YSU has regular postseason experience, I want the two easiest DI games we can get. On 12-game seasons, we need to be scheduling the MVFC team that would would be that season's normal Bye-game. I do not care about playing other conferences, as YSU is not in those conferences. My hope would be to defeat them in the post-season.

The former non-scholarship schools (like Duquesne) will be full scholarship in 2-years. At that point all of those AD's are going to demand return games. So I would like to schedule Duquesne and RMU because they are only an hour's drive for the fans.

You seem to forget that we are in the toughest conference in I-AA/FCS, so any of these non-conference teams should be inferior to us.

I do not have an ego to boost in the OOC regular season, I have one to show in the post-season and in conference play.

--- End quote ---

You and Strollo are the only ones who think that. No mac school is going to travel to an FCS school, which is what we still are. FCS. Get real.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2016, 01:37:51 PM ---I do not have an ego to boost in the OOC regular season, I have one to show in the post-season and in conference play.

--- End quote ---

NEWS FLASH:   We've made the playoffs once in the Strollo era.  IT'S NOT WORKING.

Conference play?  Is RMU on Saturday going to prepare us for UNI, SDSU, and NDSU?

What is the primary objective of the non-money game OOC schedule? 

If it's revenue generation, as I detailed above, the current scheduling model doesn't even accomplish that.  If it's winning, and representing the YSU brand, it absolutely doesn't accomplish that.  If it's about reducing the costs of cleaning up Stambaugh after games, and causing less traffic on campus on gameday, it definitely accomplishes that.

goodnews:
What do the OOC schedules look like for 2017 (Pitt) and 2018 (WVU)...  Any plans for 2019?

Wick250:
Nation,

Here is the flaw in your scheduling plan that includes the CAA.  The athletic directors at the better schools in that conference are doing the exact same thing that Strollo does.

Delaware plays lowly Delaware State (MEAC) and Lafayette (Patriot) before Wake Forest
JMU plays lowly Morehead State and Central Connecticut (NEC) before North Carolina

A P5 and two dogs, then their conference schedule.  Neither school would want a real game with us. 

As far as playing MAC schools on the road instead of the sixth home game, I disagree with you and have no interest in debating a dead issue.  However, in response to your suggestion earlier in this thread, we would actually lose money playing at Kent.  The 200k revenue from the home game does not include loge revenue which is kept in a separate account.  If you include that money, each home game yields over 400k.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version