YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bobby Morris

<< < (4/21) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 14, 2016, 08:30:08 PM ---YSU football is a product YSU is selling to its market.  The consumers need to be convinced that the value of YSU FB is > than the cost, time, and effort of going to the game. If all hopes rest on brand loyalty, well, you wont have any trouble finding a good parking spot or an even better seat.

Playing 2 NEC games insults our D1 athletes.  It tells them this is the best their leadership thinks they can handle.  The OOC schedule is an absurdity that will continue for as long as  moRon remains AD (another absurdity).

--- End quote ---

You are dreaming. DO you actually think there is an educated market out there? Our community would rather sit the stands of some HS and remember when they were cool, or can better understand the play-calling. Strollo schedules fine for what we are. Why don't you blame your man Tressel? Funny, people on this board think that anything good with the program is Tressel and anything else is Strollo ...LOL. You are all a bunch of cowards looking to justify lack of support. Read what guinpen posted just two comments back about fans. Then when someone calls you out:

Wick250:
We have gone over this scheduling business too many times.  Always remember that it is the loge rental revenue that drives everything.  It generates more money than gate receipts from common folk.  It is paid up front, it is immune to bad weather, and, very, very unfortunately, it does not differentiate Robert Morris from Northern Iowa.  We must play six home games because we cannot afford to forfeit 1/6th of that loge revenue.  And there is another important factor.  The folks that buy those loges, and there is a waiting list, are also the biggest university donors.  You cannot alienate those guys.  And many of them (not all) know so little about sports that they can not distinguish between a Robert Morris and somebody good.  Say what you want about Ron Strollo (and my record proves that I am not his fan,) the man sucks up to our fat cats about as well as any mid-major athletic director in the country.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Wick, I do understand the importance of the 6th home game. Still other M.V.C. Schools only play 5 home games because the other conferences they play want the home and away. A large part of this has to do with logistics. I would rather trade a home game for a home playoff game any day of the week. Is there any other F.C.S. conference out there better then the N.E.C. that would come to us each year?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 15, 2016, 08:32:55 AM ---Wick, I do understand the importance of the 6th home game. Still other M.V.C. Schools only play 5 home games because the other conferences they play want the home and away. A large part of this has to do with logistics. I would rather trade a home game for a home playoff game any day of the week. Is there any other F.C.S. conference out there better then the N.E.C. that would come to us each year?

--- End quote ---

No and one of the two that exist is soon going to require a return. Probably already is.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Thank you Fan and Wick for all the info. I just want the playoffs desperately and don't want the lack of non-conference strength to come back and bite us is all. Hopefully Duquesne can win their conference and RMU can get things turned around and we can get off to a good start in conference play

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version