Author Topic: YSU Football conference oppenents  (Read 36333 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Football conference oppenents
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 04:55:25 PM »
Your right Go Guins..Not going to be easy!!
Like playing in the 2014-2015 SEC (but NOT 2016).  Maybe 2 or 3 of the best teams in the country left out of payoffs.  Same with 2 or 3 MVFC teams left out but better than half the teams in!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:22 PM »
It would've been nice to win the W.V. game. Illinois St over Northwestern and U.N.I. over Iowa St. really hurts us

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »
I don't see NDSU as done. I see them taking every teams best shot, again, and finding ways to win games.

Kind of like when they beat us last year.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »
I still think it will be difficult for them to go into Iowa and win. Their defense is just not as strong as years past at least for now

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 05:02:04 PM »
Indiana St. 17 Illinois St. 7 @ The half

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
WIU 14 Northern Illinois 7 @ The half

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
Indiana St. and WIU both Win..This will make week 5 very interesting for us. Missouri St. just kicked off with Kansas St. not looking for a upset there, but with our conference you never know

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 07:56:24 PM »

I agree.  But get me to 5-3 in the conference.  I see "trouble" with ISU, NIU, SDSU, NDSU, and I don't see SD, SIU, ISU and MSU as walkovers.  Personally I see more opportunity to go 3-5 than 4-4 and I don't see 5-3 anywhere. With the obvious youth at WR, the OL issues, but mostly the "back to a Wolford quality secondary", show me where you get the 5 wins?

I see a few very likely wins in that list. Not saying we couldn't still lose, but I think I see a 5-3 record there. SD, MSU are very likely wins. I think we could get a win over one or both of SDSU and ISU(r) even though those games are both away. I also think we could beat ISU(b) at home. SIU is looking good this year, but that game is at home. NDSU will be a challenge as always, and UNI is always a tough game for us, but it is at home so maybe we can?

The way I see it, I totally could see YSU going anywhere from 4-4 to 6-2 in conference.  I think we are more likely (at the present time) to see YSU go for 5-3 or better to be honest.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »
What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 11:24:35 AM »
What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.

IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
I watched a good portion of the Indy st / Ill St. game as well.  As mentioned their QB was out (with a concussion?) and they were running some wildcat offense with the WR as QB.  This certainly changed their playbook and overall game structure.  I'm not sure yet what we will see when we face them. 
As for Indy state, they continue to be an improved team from the gateway years.  Again they were helped by playing strong defense and I believe at times a shorter field.
Both are winnable games...but lets get through the 'yotes first.

Z

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
"Both are winnable games...but lets get through the 'yotes first."

GOPenZ, truer words were never typed.  One at a time.  You see ISU come out and trounce Valpo (no big deal, I know) and then follow it up with a Big 10 win, and be looking good!  Then they step on thier dicks twice in a row.  Look ahead in the MVFC and you're going to get thumped.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »

IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(
Again, he was NOT hurt running the ball. WVU players ran past other YSU players to hit our QB during the interception that was called back. It's the only time you can legally hit a QB and they took advantage of it. Part of the game. fb

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »

IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(
Again, he was NOT hurt running the ball. WVU players ran past other YSU players to hit our QB during the interception that was called back. It's the only time you can legally hit a QB and they took advantage of it. Part of the game. fb

Even worse. Hurt last year in limited play and already concussed this year in a little over 5 qtrs. I really hate to see anybody hurt but #12 just don't seem to durable for all the running etc. he's expected to do  fb

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

Even worse. Hurt last year in limited play and already concussed this year in a little over 5 qtrs. I really hate to see anybody hurt but #12 just don't seem to durable for all the running etc. he's expected to do  fb

Even worse ? Jesus relax.