YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (13/15) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 10, 2016, 09:39:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 09, 2016, 12:04:03 PM ---Well I had NDSU with 2 losses at this point. So much for that

--- End quote ---
We'll just caulk that up to you being a fan.  We know you know plenty enough about FB to recognize how good NDSU really is.  We NEED to win Saturday to help make the NDSU game less of a playoff impact.

--- End quote ---

Actually, their SDSU game is next week. I had NDSU losing to both SDSU & Iowa, so 2-losses after next week was my thought. I had hopes that MSU and EWU would upset them; but with the Bunnies terrible rushing and line this year ...that "ain't gonna happen".

Finishing touches were to be YSU, UNI and USD. However, USD still is a possibility, as do we also have a good chance to beat the Bison. UNI wins against the Buffalo-Bills if Stick becomes as mobile behind center as he is capable, we will see first-hand on Saturday. anyway, that would have only been 4-losses, with a possibility of 5. Even a 5-loss NDSU team makes the post-season, but they do not win the conference or national title. Right now, they would have to collapse for 3-losses. Which should keep them from the conference crown ...I am good with for now.

go guins:
Just got back from vacation in Hilton Head SC.  Lost a few days plus this whole week to Matthew.  Listened to the game on iHeartRadio and play by play on YSU app by Presto Sports.  Both did a great job, but the play by play update on the app was real time, and iHeart had a pretty big delay so I always knew what was going to happen when the radio call started.  My concern about Ricky being a run first Q
We had no damage, but a TON of trees down, all over the island.  We're not going back until November, as I would only be in the way at this point.
YSU running game needs a healthy Ruiz.  Webb is a great change of pace guy, but we have no power.  IAA do you know what's wrong with Martin?
Ricky is definitely a run first QB and he is going to get hurt playing the way he plays.  Wish he would look off even once.

ysuguins4:
SD's QB was 8 of 12 for 182 through the air and 12 for 128 on the ground against UNI.  Against the Guins he was 10 of 27 for 141 tossing and 14 for 14 running.  Gives me confidence that YSU's D will shut down UNI's dual threat QB, and that Ricky will have a good game against UNI's D.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 10, 2016, 12:26:42 PM ---SD's QB was 8 of 12 for 182 through the air and 12 for 128 on the ground against UNI.  Against the Guins he was 10 of 27 for 141 tossing and 14 for 14 running.  Gives me confidence that YSU's D will shut down UNI's dual threat QB, and that Ricky will have a good game against UNI's D.

--- End quote ---
Nice report.  Thanks for the update, and we are home too.  Not sure how 2-3 UNI is ranked ahead of us, but we can fix that Saturday night.  Don't need it Saturday, but what every happened with fireworks after 7 pm games?

The YO Show:
No clue... I don't recall seeing fireworks after a home game for a while (with the exception of the few they shoot off at the end of games sometimes).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version