YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (2/15) > >>

guinpen:
And speaking of Ill St, how did they pull off a Big 10 game? Thought that was taboo as a couple of years ago.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 12, 2016, 07:57:48 PM ---And speaking of Ill St, how did they pull off a Big 10 game? Thought that was taboo as a couple of years ago.

--- End quote ---

Northwestern did not want to buyout the game & it was scheduled before the ban went into affect.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 12, 2016, 12:58:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on September 12, 2016, 10:55:32 AM ---I understand and I'm sure I'll get "into it" in a week or so, but right now I want to decide on a QB and find a replacment for Kenny Durden.  Without that ISU, NDSU, NIU, and whomever else is going to give us "what for!"

--- End quote ---

David Rivers is fine. Bishop is another story. Really struggled vs WVU.

--- End quote ---
David Rivers isn't replacing Durden, he is playing where he played last year.  Bishop got beat deep 4 times in Morgantown!  When we had 2 corners, we were #1 or #2 in the country in pass defense. With 1 CB we currently rank #95
Nothing  else matters if you can't cover receivers.  Now the WR at WVU was probably the best we'll see, but I didn't think we did that great against Duquesne.   The secondary needs a big step forward before league play opens or its 5-7 again.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Not really sure what to think about our bye week being put in between RMU and South Dakota. It's like 3 weeks of basically no competition when you think of it. You have to keep the starters sharp and you also have to guard against injury. Never an easy thing for a staff. If we had a quality opponent this week i wouldn't be as concerned. S.D. is much better then last year and they play really good on the road they did beat NDSU in Fargo last year

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 12, 2016, 09:27:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on September 12, 2016, 07:57:48 PM ---And speaking of Ill St, how did they pull off a Big 10 game? Thought that was taboo as a couple of years ago.

--- End quote ---

Northwestern did not want to buyout the game & it was scheduled before the ban went into affect.

--- End quote ---

They are doubt seconding guessing that buyout

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version