YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (9/15) > >>

GOpenZ:
I watched a good portion of the Indy st / Ill St. game as well.  As mentioned their QB was out (with a concussion?) and they were running some wildcat offense with the WR as QB.  This certainly changed their playbook and overall game structure.  I'm not sure yet what we will see when we face them. 
As for Indy state, they continue to be an improved team from the gateway years.  Again they were helped by playing strong defense and I believe at times a shorter field.
Both are winnable games...but lets get through the 'yotes first.

Z

go guins:
"Both are winnable games...but lets get through the 'yotes first."

GOPenZ, truer words were never typed.  One at a time.  You see ISU come out and trounce Valpo (no big deal, I know) and then follow it up with a Big 10 win, and be looking good!  Then they step on thier dicks twice in a row.  Look ahead in the MVFC and you're going to get thumped.

mayor:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 26, 2016, 11:24:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 25, 2016, 11:38:18 PM ---What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.

--- End quote ---

IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(

--- End quote ---
Again, he was NOT hurt running the ball. WVU players ran past other YSU players to hit our QB during the interception that was called back. It's the only time you can legally hit a QB and they took advantage of it. Part of the game. fb

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: mayor on September 26, 2016, 03:07:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 25, 2016, 11:38:18 PM ---What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.

--- End quote ---
IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(

--- End quote ---
Again, he was NOT hurt running the ball. WVU players ran past other YSU players to hit our QB during the interception that was called back. It's the only time you can legally hit a QB and they took advantage of it. Part of the game. fb

--- End quote ---

Even worse. Hurt last year in limited play and already concussed this year in a little over 5 qtrs. I really hate to see anybody hurt but #12 just don't seem to durable for all the running etc. he's expected to do  fb

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on September 27, 2016, 11:40:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: mayor on September 26, 2016, 03:07:49 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Even worse. Hurt last year in limited play and already concussed this year in a little over 5 qtrs. I really hate to see anybody hurt but #12 just don't seem to durable for all the running etc. he's expected to do  fb

--- End quote ---

Even worse ? Jesus relax.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version