YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (8/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
WIU 14 Northern Illinois 7 @ The half

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Indiana St. and WIU both Win..This will make week 5 very interesting for us. Missouri St. just kicked off with Kansas St. not looking for a upset there, but with our conference you never know

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 14, 2016, 04:08:13 PM ---
I agree.  But get me to 5-3 in the conference.  I see "trouble" with ISU, NIU, SDSU, NDSU, and I don't see SD, SIU, ISU and MSU as walkovers.  Personally I see more opportunity to go 3-5 than 4-4 and I don't see 5-3 anywhere. With the obvious youth at WR, the OL issues, but mostly the "back to a Wolford quality secondary", show me where you get the 5 wins?

--- End quote ---

I see a few very likely wins in that list. Not saying we couldn't still lose, but I think I see a 5-3 record there. SD, MSU are very likely wins. I think we could get a win over one or both of SDSU and ISU(r) even though those games are both away. I also think we could beat ISU(b) at home. SIU is looking good this year, but that game is at home. NDSU will be a challenge as always, and UNI is always a tough game for us, but it is at home so maybe we can?

The way I see it, I totally could see YSU going anywhere from 4-4 to 6-2 in conference.  I think we are more likely (at the present time) to see YSU go for 5-3 or better to be honest.

Wick250:
What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 25, 2016, 11:38:18 PM ---What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.

--- End quote ---

IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version