YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football conference oppenents

<< < (6/15) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Nick DeLuca wasn't even supposed to play in their last game because of a severe shoulder seperation. He comes into the game and can't even lift his one arm. He intercepts the pass with his other arm and takes it to the house from 70 yards away. Mr. Deluca and NDSU will say when it is over..

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 14, 2016, 03:39:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 14, 2016, 03:07:37 PM ---1st off Go Guins we only play 11 games not 12. A 6-5 record will not get you in playing 2 N.E.C. Schools. A 6-5 record and playing Big Sky opponents and beating them will ☺

--- End quote ---
OK, you got me on the 11 vs. 12 but that increases the strength of my argument based on math, rather than weaken it.
You still have the same number of losses, just less total wins.  More chance of a losing record, not less.

--- End quote ---
We just Need to go 5-3 in conference play and the rest will take care of itself..Head to head wins over a conference opponent with the same record is never a gurantee for a spot in post season these days

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 14, 2016, 03:50:44 PM ---Nick DeLuca wasn't even supposed to play in their last game because of a severe shoulder seperation. He comes into the game and can't even lift his one arm. He intercepts the pass with his other arm and takes it to the house from 70 yards away. Mr. Deluca and NDSU will say when it is over..

--- End quote ---
I agree, "done" is the results of activity on the field, not off, and especially not due to comments on blogs!  We probably should note the NSDU record is what.... 2-0 and last year at this point was what ...... 1-1 on their way to ANOTHER national title.   Maybe their best team, but YSU, at least on D, isn't as good as last year either.

go guins:

[/quote] We just Need to go 5-3 in conference play and the rest will take care of itself..Head to head wins over a conference opponent with the same record is never a gurantee for a spot in post season these days
[/quote]

I agree.  But get me to 5-3 in the conference.  I see "trouble" with ISU, NIU, SDSU, NDSU, and I don't see SD, SIU, ISU and MSU as walkovers.  Personally I see more opportunity to go 3-5 than 4-4 and I don't see 5-3 anywhere. With the obvious youth at WR, the OL issues, but mostly the "back to a Wolford quality secondary", show me where you get the 5 wins?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Your right Go Guins..Not going to be easy!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version