YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguins Conclude Busy Week With Game-Like Scrimmage

<< < (8/11) > >>

ytownchief22:
Situation is starting to become more clear.

Charles Grove ‏@CgroveVindy  3h3 hours ago

Davis getting a lot more snaps than Wells today. #YSU @vindicator

Charles Grove ‏@CgroveVindy  3h3 hours ago

Davis hit Alvin Bailey for a long TD in 2 minute drill and now Wells is getting reps with the 2nd string. #YSU @vindicator

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Bo downplayed it to Charles after practice. Bo stated that Hunter has a minor shoulder injury and Bo said that was the reason for Ricky's increased snaps. Nothing is still clear chief

ytownchief22:
I don't believe that BS from Bo for a second. Davis has been overtaking Wells for a couple practices now from what I've heard.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
It doesn't really matter who starts chief because they both will see plenty of playing time. Hunter basically has thrown twice as many passes as Davis in the 2 scrimmage's and there is a reason for that

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 24, 2016, 12:41:36 PM ---I am certainly not against the spread. Heck Heacock fought for it and he knew that people were not going to like the change. That was the main reason that I was so upset at the timing when he left. However, we just could not win games. I like the way Carl Pelini does not depend upon the offense to set and prepare his defenses. That is the main reason that we were so successful last year. That is why I am baffled at NDSU, their defense is just like our old Heacock defenses, so you expect them to be good, but their offense is so outdated. Then again, with no one running it, it is hard to defend something you do not see very often.

Also, I am confident that there is not as much of a QB controversy as we think ...it is just a deliberately-designed lack of information coming out of camp.

--- End quote ---

The spread is garbage.  It is no longer "new" and most defenses are not equipped to defend a pro-style offense "throwback" offense.  All of the outside LB's are smaller and faster.  Many teams get away with smaller SAM and Mike LB's today to defend the spread.  We have the horses to run a power O and we should do it.

Secondly, we can recruit better players in a pro-style offense. Spread or running QB's have not been successful in the professional level.  Teams with pro-style offenses are the ones left standing at the end of the playoff and NC games.  With a spread we blow out teams we are supposed to and get suffocated against good defenses.  I have to disagree with you completely.  App State beat Michigan and WVU had the NC game on the cusp and lost to Pitt back in 2006-2008 when the read option/spread was not common.  Today it is the bread and butter of many teams and defenses have changed to stop the spread.  Now the Power O cannot be stopped as easily because of personnel being recruited.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version