YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2016-17 Non-Horizon League Basketball Schedule

<< < (2/3) > >>

Penguin Nation:
It's a legit D1 schedule.  As such, we're gonna get spanked.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 10, 2016, 10:17:15 AM ---I do not think this means anything in terms of playing in the basketball tournament. The university extending the post-game celebration is only a dream ...not enough security as it is. Free admission to the BB game with a football ticket could be a reality. Add in a specially-priced food package and you have a winner.

PS: New coach hype wears off in about 1 game, ask Pelini. Fans come to see a winning team, not a winning coach. Slocum is a hero with a winning record. Expectations are bit higher for coach P ...post-season.

On a separate topic dealing with tailgating ...Ohio State police are affiliated with the City of Columbus. The former assistant chief attends the same gym that I do on campus and he says that it really helps with events as well as training. I wonder how much association YSU has with YPD?

--- End quote ---

To answer your question from what I know from my friend being a YSU officer, and my uncle formerly being one (although he was a backup not full time and mainly provided security for football games) they have a pretty close association with YPD

OleYSUfan:
It's one of the better schedules YSU basketball has had in several years. I like Akron and Canisius at home, but we still have two so-called weeny games with Westminster and Oberlin. I don't mind one , but not two or three. The away games with Ohio St. and Michigan St. are BIG.

Now what kind of team will we field is the real question. I am curious does the summer league with Pitt, WVA and others still exist? That was a great opportunity for YSU players to hone in improving their game. We seemed to be more competitive in the Horizon League when the players were involved with the summer league.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on August 10, 2016, 06:33:57 PM ---It's one of the better schedules YSU basketball has had in several years. I like Akron and Canisius at home, but we still have two so-called weeny games with Westminster and Oberlin. I don't mind one , but not two or three. The away games with Ohio St. and Michigan St. are BIG.

Now what kind of team will we field is the real question. I am curious does the summer league with Pitt, WVA and others still exist? That was a great opportunity for YSU players to hone in improving their game. We seemed to be more competitive in the Horizon League when the players were involved with the summer league.

--- End quote ---

That tourney always kicks off on the 4th-of-july and I had plans to go. We (YSU) were asked to attend this year, but our new summer semester system places the tournament during off weeks, so for this year (and the foreseeable future) we cannot send players. I watched some of it on Root when I was up in Ytown for the 4th of July. Several people involved in the Pittsburgh Pro-Am commented on how well YSU played and they hope we will be able to return.

OleYSUfan:
Thanks Fan for the update on the summer Basketball. It is a shame we can not participate in that league. It helped our former players to be more prepared for the Horizon League. Maybe next year.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version