YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU/MVFC Preseason Rankings

<< < (9/9)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 25, 2016, 11:01:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 25, 2016, 10:14:43 AM ---Guys ...winning and it's exposure is obvious. My comments are on the art/science of recruiting and scheduling to benefit your team. Scheduling (not post-season) loses against power-FCS schools will chase away more fans/recruits faster than you can count. We thought (and many still think) that we could have played well or beaten OSU back in the 90's. The only thing that kept that feeling alive was NOT playing the Buckeyes.

--- End quote ---
1-AA I hate to say this, but you are starting to sound like a civilized Paladin.  "The art/science of recruiting”?  C'mon man, recruiting is 2 things.  Having a staff that recognizes talent that will help your program and a coach that can sell a kid and his parents when sitting in their living room is all that matters.
Tressel has lots of great traits, but at those 2 he was masterful.  He could recognize talent that would help YSU better than any person who has ever lived and when sitting down one on one, the sob can sell snowballs to eskimos!  Look at the job he is doing selling rich guys on giving millions to YSU! 
We still don’t know how BP is doing or can do at the 1-AA level.  Without Nebraska transfers last year's D would have been significantly less effective.  I haven’t heard one guy say the last 2 classes were anything special.  The jury is out, but where we play Dayton has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

--- End quote ---

I agree completely on coach P's recruiting being new Go; but I do like the local concentration, so I am willing to give him an extra couple of classes then I was willing to give coach Wolf.

go guins:
1-AA "I agree completely on coach P's recruiting being new Go; but I do like the local concentration, so I am willing to give him an extra couple of classes then I was willing to give coach Wolf."

The problem is it takes a couple of years to know what you've got.  ESPECIALLY at 1-AA level, the scouting combines hardly know the guy's names much less what potential they have.  We've had some "star" recruits come in and lay huge eggs, AND we've had the oposite, guys without hype come in and be big time players.  And you don't always know after 1 year.
We'll see, that's for sure.
I always thought Wolford was a decent recruiter, but his retension and development programs SUCKED!
I expect a lot more from Bo in those two areas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version