YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU/MVFC Preseason Rankings

<< < (7/9) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: guinpen on July 20, 2016, 09:02:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2016, 10:56:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 19, 2016, 10:32:41 PM ---Just a few things:

1. Again with the MAC ...that conference is dead to us. No return ...no home.
2. Chief ...we have no choice. As these partial-scholarship teams get more players, there will be no more home-only teams for us. Dayton, Duquesne and RMU will ALL expect returns.
3. Go, it is more than just a few people, it s recruiting. We recruit quite a bit from SEOH. We even have a summer camp there. This is what we need.

--- End quote ---
I respectfully disagree.  The MAC wants to pay us to play, I'm in. 
For somebody who doesn't offer home and home with the PFL, how do we say "NO MAC"?

--- End quote ---

Easy, it's a matter of pride, I have a long memory.

--- End quote ---
Yes, and false pride does a lot of damage.  Looks like we are being shut out of the Big10 and self-shut out of the MAC.  With nobody left to play, looks like pride has left us with home and home against Dayton!  Reallly good decision making.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 21, 2016, 03:32:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on July 20, 2016, 09:02:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2016, 10:56:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 19, 2016, 10:32:41 PM ---Just a few things:

1. Again with the MAC ...that conference is dead to us. No return ...no home.
2. Chief ...we have no choice. As these partial-scholarship teams get more players, there will be no more home-only teams for us. Dayton, Duquesne and RMU will ALL expect returns.
3. Go, it is more than just a few people, it s recruiting. We recruit quite a bit from SEOH. We even have a summer camp there. This is what we need.

--- End quote ---
I respectfully disagree.  The MAC wants to pay us to play, I'm in. 
For somebody who doesn't offer home and home with the PFL, how do we say "NO MAC"?

--- End quote ---

Easy, it's a matter of pride, I have a long memory.

--- End quote ---
Yes, and false pride does a lot of damage.  Looks like we are being shut out of the Big10 and self-shut out of the MAC.  With nobody left to play, looks like pride has left us with home and home against Dayton!  Reallly good decision making.

--- End quote ---

Just a tad on the negative side I would say, but if that is what you believe I am cool with it.

I am pretty sure that there are other schools out there that are not big ten or mac. Big ten is the big ten but the mac is a different story, I will be shocked if the look of the mac does not have a big change in the next 5-6 years that will have a positive effect on YSU.

Not false pride - Penguin Pride!

IAA Fan:
Look ... that mention on Dayton, Cinci and possibly Columbus news is worth a lot of cash to us in terms of in-state recruits. We need to be smart. The two Pittsburgh games (RMU and Duquesne) give the fans a reasonably close game & mentions on 2, 4, 11 and 53. Add in a few games with Pitt and we can really control wPA recruiting (at the mid-major level of course). With Monty's connections, a solid camp and maybe a couple games down in Dayton (eventually Cinci) we begin to make a better recruiting presence in the central to southwest part of the state. You know ...the "state of Youngstown" as coach T used to call it. There seems to be so much untapped talent in that part of Ohio.

Penguin Nation:
The best recruitment tool is winning, and the bigger the wins the more allure to the recruit.  We could own non-P5 recruiting in NE Ohio with a few thumpings of Akron and Can't.  Want a game in SW Ohio? Then let's play Miami (OH)...prolly more winnable than even Akron or Kent.  Like I said earlier, they are paying a ton of $$$.

Instead we play patty cake with 1AAA schools, excuse me but that's a schedule for p---ies.  Small risk, small reward.  Big risk, big reward......although playing MAC schools isn't even that high risk.

Now we have BP and CP running the team.  If we can't swing for the fences now with a bolder schedule, then when?  Is it our destiny to always be a rung below the crappy MAC in terms of perception?

I suspect after a few embarrassing losses to YSU, MAC teams will stop playing us.  I understand NDSU is having trouble findings FBS opponents for that reason.

go guins:
Want to recruit today's kids?  TV. 
We can't even get on local TV live.  These kids could care less if you play Dayton in Dayton.  Look at the Dayton attendance, the parents of their players hardly care.  You think good player from let's say Kettering is thinking about D-1 Akron vs 1-AA Youngstown and he thinks OH, didn't I see YSU at Dayton and that's where I'm going?  C'mon man, get on TV vs NDSU in the payoffs on none of that means s _ _ ! 

I did notice a Dayton news piece titled:
"Football team excels despite home attendance"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version