YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU/MVFC Preseason Rankings

<< < (6/9) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote ---I read this and see NDSU playing Charleston Southern and Eastern Washington and wonder what exactly you are talking about?

--- End quote ---

Eastern Washington is a power 5 FCS team in the big sky.  What are you talking about?
[/quote]

WTF is a "power 5 FCS team" mean and do you really thing Eastern Washington qualifies as:
"meaningful games against great opponents with national attention"?  Who watched that game on TV?
I think they were 6-5 last year, hardly GREAT OPPONENTS WITH NATIONAL ATTENTION to me.

ytownchief22:
I'm not asking to load up the schedule at this point, but playing Duquesne and Robert Morris types every year is getting real annoying. Strollo needs to put his ego aside and man up and play better competition. He's always worried about losing home game money... How about actually worrying about making the playoffs??? A home playoff game will generate plenty of money.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2016, 11:51:01 AM ---I read this and see NDSU playing Charleston Southern and Eastern Washington and wonder what exactly you are talking about?

--- End quote ---

Eastern Washington is a power 5 FCS team in the big sky.  What are you talking about?
[/quote]

WTF is a "power 5 FCS team" mean and do you really thing Eastern Washington qualifies as:
"meaningful games against great opponents with national attention"?  Who watched that game on TV?
I think they were 6-5 last year, hardly GREAT OPPONENTS WITH NATIONAL ATTENTION to me.
[/quote]

Meaning that the conference they play in gets an Autobid with secondary teams.  Bobby Morris can get an auto bid for conference champ but no one else would get in.  Eastern Washington was in the semifinals a few years ago they are a team to be reckoned with unlike the garbage team that is booby Morris , Duquesne, and saint Francis.  Study up

http://www.khq.com/story/32430420/ewu-football-ranks-in-top-10-for-sporting-news-and-lindys-polls

IAA Fan:
First of all, EWU & Iowa are on the schedule in the same year because NDSU thought the Iowa game was cancelled. Then Iowa could not come up with the cash for a buyout after YSU was given a massive buyout from OSU.

EWU just won the national championship 4 years ago and were just in it last year & 2-year prior. It is just like Marshall and YSU YSU dominated the post-season in the early 90's and team like Mashall, GSU and Montana were almost ignored, but great teams all of them. NDSU steals the little bit of limelight that is I-AA/FCS, but EWU is behaps the second-most dominating team in the last 10-years.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2016, 10:56:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 19, 2016, 10:32:41 PM ---Just a few things:

1. Again with the MAC ...that conference is dead to us. No return ...no home.
2. Chief ...we have no choice. As these partial-scholarship teams get more players, there will be no more home-only teams for us. Dayton, Duquesne and RMU will ALL expect returns.
3. Go, it is more than just a few people, it s recruiting. We recruit quite a bit from SEOH. We even have a summer camp there. This is what we need.

--- End quote ---
I respectfully disagree.  The MAC wants to pay us to play, I'm in. 
For somebody who doesn't offer home and home with the PFL, how do we say "NO MAC"?

--- End quote ---

Easy, it's a matter of pride, I have a long memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version