YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU/MVFC Preseason Rankings

<< < (5/9) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Can't, for example, pays FCS schools >$300k.  If I am correct, we pay ~$30k for OOC visitors.  What would a 1AAA team like the Flyers pay us?  Either game should result in a W, and costs of travel would be less with Can't.

No return game? We don't expect that from other FBS schools.

penguinpower:
We are playing the little sisters of the poor, meanwhile teams in our league are playing  meaningful games against great opponents with national attention.  It is  happening all around us.  Our scheduling sucks.  I am not interested in these games and I don't think I will watch them anymore.  That is the only way to send the message.  Don't buy tickets to the garbage games where we will curb stomp the competition.  I am sick of the mediocrity approach.  I wouldn't let us into the play-offs with our garbage schedule either.  If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.  In businesses 10's hire 10's and 7's hire 5's.  5's suck, but you know what they are.......7's are the worst hires you can make.  10's are not afraid to be shown up, they don't hide behind their weaknesses, they want to be tested and improve from it.   7s'surround themselves with 5's so they will always look better than a 5 but he is still only a 7.  We act like 7's and pad our wins against weak competition , meanwhile UNI is scheduling like a 10 and playing Montana.  Sick of it.  It is driving me away.  Time to man the F up.  Times have changed.  We are now reaching decades of mediocrity with our throwback schedule vs other teams at our level.  Pisses me off

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 19, 2016, 10:32:41 PM ---Just a few things:

1. Again with the MAC ...that conference is dead to us. No return ...no home.
2. Chief ...we have no choice. As these partial-scholarship teams get more players, there will be no more home-only teams for us. Dayton, Duquesne and RMU will ALL expect returns.
3. Go, it is more than just a few people, it s recruiting. We recruit quite a bit from SEOH. We even have a summer camp there. This is what we need.

--- End quote ---
I respectfully disagree.  The MAC wants to pay us to play, I'm in. 
For somebody who doesn't offer home and home with the PFL, how do we say "NO MAC"?

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on July 20, 2016, 10:09:16 AM ---We are playing the little sisters of the poor, meanwhile teams in our league are playing  meaningful games against great opponents with national attention.

--- End quote ---

I read this and see NDSU playing Charleston Southern and Eastern Washington and wonder what exactly you are talking about?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 20, 2016, 11:00:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on July 20, 2016, 10:09:16 AM ---We are playing the little sisters of the poor, meanwhile teams in our league are playing  meaningful games against great opponents with national attention.

--- End quote ---

I read this and see NDSU playing Charleston Southern and Eastern Washington and wonder what exactly you are talking about?

--- End quote ---

Eastern Washington is a power 5 FCS team in the big sky.  What are you talking about?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version