YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (17/73) > >>

Penguin Nation:
YSU predicted to finish third in the MVFC by FB Gameplan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ5Q2Z5QY-M&feature=youtu.be

go guins:
All the preseason polls in existance and $1 will get you a cup of coffee!

Wick250:
That Gameplan video reinforces the point that it is rather silly to offer a "national" analysis of FCS football programs.  Too little reliable information and multiple transfers that can transform a team, for better or worse, between spring and fall.  Some of that material is good but the prognostications are marred by these two glaring errors (and I'm sure there are many others.)  First, that YSU will simply hand Hosick the starting job.  Second, and worse, that Indiana State will have a decent year behind the talents of their quarterback, Matt Adams.  These guys missed the fact that Adams flunked out of school after spring.

We can all make equally reliable forecasts without cost and with little effort.  Here are two projections that most of us will probably agree with.  First, NDSU will be very, very good once again.  Second, Northern Iowa will be very formidable, until December when they will once again make an ignominious departure from the playoffs.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 28, 2016, 02:02:53 PM ---All the preseason polls in existance and $1 will get you a cup of coffee!

--- End quote ---

To true go guins! And it won't even buy you that if that coffee is from Starbucks!  :o

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on July 28, 2016, 04:03:45 PM ---That Gameplan video reinforces the point that it is rather silly to offer a "national" analysis of FCS football programs.  Too little reliable information and multiple transfers that can transform a team, for better or worse, between spring and fall.  Some of that material is good but the prognostications are marred by these two glaring errors (and I'm sure there are many others.)  First, that YSU will simply hand Hosick the starting job.  Second, and worse, that Indiana State will have a decent year behind the talents of their quarterback, Matt Adams.  These guys missed the fact that Adams flunked out of school after spring.

We can all make equally reliable forecasts without cost and with little effort.  Here are two projections that most of us will probably agree with.  First, NDSU will be very, very good once again.  Second, Northern Iowa will be very formidable, until December when they will once again make an ignominious departure from the playoffs.

--- End quote ---
It isn't much better for FBS Wick.  I remember polls heading into last season where the 3 leading candidates for the Heisman trophy were the 3 OSU QB's.  Whichever won the job got the national championship and Heisman.  Turns out QB was a significant weakness for the Bucks and their loss came when a MSU backup soundly outplayed them.
Nobody wins ALL the time. If I were a betting man, I think I would take NIU over NDSU this season.  They are going to be tough for us.   
Can't wait to watch fall camp QB contest.  Hope it doesn't fracture the team into cliques.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version