YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (9/73) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 19, 2016, 11:18:32 AM ---  We desparately need a big back with some power

--- End quote ---
I agree 100% with Go Guins and that really hurt us last season. Basically we have 4 backs on the roster with McAllister being the largest at 205. That just won't cut it in this conference in short yardage situations on a regular basis. Watching Trent Hosick on film he could fill that void. Basically he was a running back at the Juco level playing the role of a quarterback. I'm sure his weight is around 220 and the majority of his strength is in his legs. He could also be a weapon out of the backfield and keep the defenses more honest, he can definitely deliver a blow. This is all speculative because there is still a open quarterback competition going on just throwing it out there

Wick250:
Fever, I really like that idea.  If Hosick loses the qb competition (likely from what I have heard,) why would he want to stand on the sidelines with a headset.  Let Montgomery integrate him into the offense as an occasional running back with plenty of option sequences.  I would really like to see more imagination and unpredictability.

The YO Show:
Fever, I know you are big on hosick evidently, but didn't you yourself say it was Hosick dead last right now in the QB race behind Mays?

IAA Fan:
Could have used him last year ...too late now, who needs a 5th-year senior? If Ruiz is healthy, we all know he is awesome. Right now losses have hurt us at RB ... not bad recruiting ...

1.Washington gone.
2. Ryan Moore gone.
3. Jacobs gone.

Now we need to see what Mahone can do. Sandidge has always been a positive experience for me. Mcaster is ready to start taking hand-offs  in addition to kick-return duties. Let's remember, we start with the great tandem of Ruiz and Webb.

There is no way anyone can convince me that coach M wanted another QB. Mays has tremendous upside. Davis' passing has really improved. Then again, Hosick really shined in traffic.

What can anyone tell me about that Poku from Boardman?

penguinpower:
We need kids that have their head screwed on correctly.  Can't afford to have losses due to stupidity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version