YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (72/73) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on August 30, 2016, 02:12:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 30, 2016, 01:39:47 PM ---Also do not see Harvin on the 2 deep either.

--- End quote ---
The Leading receiver from a year ago with all the athletic ability in the world.

--- End quote ---
Careful, he may have some talent, but "all the talent in the world"?  Let's not get carried away.  Part of "talent" is the ability to concentrate on the ball and catch the ball, and that's talents he seems to be lacking.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I was referring on his ability to run his route, get open, and yards after catch. He should've been a 50 plus catch guy and instead was 30..You don't need to give me all the details I seen it first hand from the sidelines in the N.D.S. game

The YO Show:
Press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jksr7L0cFxA

Notable comments

Q "How's Hunter's shoulder?"
A "Oh he's fine, he has no problems... he's fine"

Q "Coach on some of the stuff we received, we see Hunter is listed as the quarterback is he your starter?"
A "There are three quarterbacks listed right there [referring to the material the reporter was asking the question regarding]... so we'll find out on Saturday?... what time does the game start? 7?" Then someone else says "730" so he goes "Well right around 730 then"

Then later on, they discuss the game as a Thursday night game. lol (not sure why this amuses me)

Q "What's the status of Lee? He wasn't on the, uh first string there and there was something on the message boards saying he's not... playing?"
A  "No, not right now"

ytownchief22:
Very interesting to not even see Harvin listed in the top 6. Coaching staff definitely trying to get Townsend involved. We'll see how it plays out.

ytownchief22:
Looks like Mr. Wright could be gone for the year.....

Staff report

YOUNGSTOWN

A Mahoning County judge has dismissed a Youngstown State University football player’s challenge to his suspension from the university through December, saying she lacks jurisdiction over the university disciplinary matter he brought before her.

In doing so Friday, Judge Maureen A. Sweeney of common pleas court also dissolved a temporary restraining order blocking the suspension of Lee Wright of Park Avenue, which she had issued July 28.

Wright had been suspended June 14, when a university hearing panel consisting of two faculty members and a student said he violated the student code of conduct.

The panel acted on the basis of the May 22 arrest of Wright, 21, and his fellow YSU football player, Casimier Mitchell, 19, of Cleveland, by a YSU police officer, who stopped the car they occupied after seeing it drive away from the sound of gunfire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version