YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (60/73) > >>

Wick250:
Yo, that article came from a Vindicator news writer, not a sports writer.  Obviously, he mixed up Wright and Mitchell in that second paragraph.  Guy probably never saw a YSU football game in his life and is totally clueless.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 23, 2016, 10:07:18 PM ---Something about the article doesn't sound right... it states

"Neither had a criminal record before they were arrested in May after a university police officer heard gunfire and saw a car drive away from the sound of the gunfire. The officer followed the car and searched it and found a semiautomatic handgun in the trunk. Reports said Mitchell admitted to firing the gun, and the gun belonged to Wright. "

Then further on it says

"When he was sentenced, Judge Kobly asked Mitchell why he had a gun in the car, and Mitchell said he forgot it was in the car. Mitchell said he got the gun in South Carolina and wanted to get a concealed-carry permit in Ohio. Cassese said Mitchell comes from a rough neighborhood and wanted the gun for protection when he was home."

So... how did Wright own the weapon if Mitchell got it in South Carolina???

--- End quote ---

You can buy guns in Ohio and in South Carolina without a permit or registration.  I suggest that if you are a gun owner NEVER register the gun because if someone takes it from you, at a minimum you have some liability in the matter.  Never register the gun as it will protect you.  The only time it must be registered is if you buy it "NEW" from a dealer.  The best way is to buy it unregistered from a dealer/private owner unused.  Registered guns are used to track and take it from you.  I have many many firearms. Break onto my house and you've got problem.  None of them registered, all legal.  When the US government passes laws against citizens that have firearms they could take yours as they do in other countries.  Take a history course if you do not understand.....you will see.  Talk to people in other countries..you will see.  I am a military veteran and I follow the laws and understand the significance of what I am stating.  While those kids were acting irresponsibly and need to mature, 100 years ago it would be an issue but no big deal....just a group of dumb kids.

This wont make sense to many but perhaps a few

The YO Show:
Yeah wick I agree they got it mixed up lol. Dead giveaway by looking at which one was from where (with wright being the one from SC).

Power, I am aware that Ohio doesn't register guns. I am a legal gun owner myself, although I don't conceal carry. I have been mulling over whether I want to get a permit so I can or not, and I've just been really against it for the extra hassle. Granted, I am giving up some security in areas where it is legal to conceal carry and I could if I got my permit but the hassle just has me avoiding the whole thing. Thank you for your service.

The YO Show:
8 days!

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 24, 2016, 12:10:50 AM ---8 days!

--- End quote ---
ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!! And not a minute too soon!  One thread is back and forth for weeks over Hunter or Ricky, with no physical evidence or reason to support either, and one thread has digressed to an explanation of Ohio gun laws.  If the Penguins are as frustrated and ready to go as their bloggers, I pity Duquesne.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version