YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (58/73) > >>

Double ET:
Accordion to the Vindicator this morning, Mictchell and Wright received probation for misdemeanor charges. Both will have perform 150 hours of community service.
Mitchell lost his scholarship and was suspended for the team. Wright is still with the team.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 23, 2016, 08:13:58 AM ---Accordion to the Vindicator this morning, Mictchell and Wright received probation for misdemeanor charges. Both will have perform 150 hours of community service.
Mitchell lost his scholarship and was suspended for the team. Wright is still with the team.

--- End quote ---
Better than I expected.  Not sure what we lost in Mitchell, but Wright is a player!

Penguin Nation:
Wow.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/aug/23/judge-chides-ysu-football-players-for-fi/

What an ignorant judge.  Some quotes:

“I don’t know why young men think they need to have a gun,” Judge Kobly said. “This isn’t the wild west.”

She also was upset that he had a gun that could fire a lot of bullets in a short period of time.

“You’re a college student. You’re supposed to be better than that,” Judge Kobly said. “You’re not some street thug who walks around with a gun in his car.”

This judge obviously is ignorant of firearms, made a ruling based on her misinformation and phobias, and whose "street thug" comments damn near border on racist. 

The two players were guilty of negligent use of a firearm, and I do think the punishment is appropriate. 

However....

A semiautomatic weapon (which these guys had) fires one shot with each trigger pull, not "a gun that could fire a lot of bullets in a short period of time."  She is describing an automatic weapon, illegal without certain special permits that are rarely granted.

She doesn't know why they need to have a gun? Because it's a Constitutional right, and self-defense is a basic Human Right. 

This woman is a sorry excuse for a judge.  Just sayin.

penguinpower:
That is a libtard at it's best.  I am a gun toting NRA member.

Penguin Nation:
Me like my boomsticks.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version